Talk

Advanced search

Books for toddlers on a new brother or sister - help!!!!

(15 Posts)
lunavix Sun 21-May-06 22:26:49

I saw one I like but forgot what it was called. SO looking now, I've seen an Annie Kuebler one (no words though) think it's 'My new baby' and there's also 'there's a house inside my mummy' can anyone recommend one? Would prefer it if the child in the story (the big one!) was a boy!

mrspink27 Sun 21-May-06 22:29:44

ZaZas baby brother by Lucy Cousins (who wrote the Maisy books)is great for this.

mrspink27 Sun 21-May-06 22:30:22

Oh and a book called Bens Baby, dont know if it is still in print, but you can have my copy if you like.

Ledodgyherring Sun 21-May-06 22:31:43

In there's a house inside my mummy the big child is a boy, it's brilliant.

joelalie Mon 22-May-06 13:25:47

"The day the teddy bears came" is really lovely. Can't remember the author but I think it's published by Walker books.

Pixel Tue 23-May-06 20:36:18

We had a Ladybird book and tape set. Topsy and Tim "The big surprise". That was quite good.

Nemo1977 Tue 23-May-06 20:40:32

house inside my mummy is fab but will beusing it again myself otherwise would have sent it.
There is also one called I am a big brother think its by joanna cole that ds liked.

B8 Thu 25-May-06 21:22:29

Little Tiger's Big Surprise was quite good- can't tell you author or publisher yet though because it's in "big brother's" room!

cat64 Thu 25-May-06 21:37:44

Message withdrawn

lize Fri 26-May-06 14:05:44

Message deleted

Bink Fri 26-May-06 14:15:17

another vote for ZaZa's Baby Brother, which was exactly the right level for ds (18 months when dd was born) - very few words and nice pictures.

ZaZa is a zebra, so not too humanly gender specific, and wears a sort of tunicy thing that could be a boy - in a tabard maybe.

tassis Fri 26-May-06 14:21:47

The child in there's a house inside my mummy is a boy and has a lovely train set and cars just like my ds! We love it. I'd say it's better for an older toddler though - dunno how old your wee one is. Ds is 3 (just) and loves it. It completely skips over how the baby is born and the whole going to hospital bit which I like as at the moment that's the only bit ds is anxious about and I'd rather we just leave it for now and revisit nearer the time (our 2nd is due in Sep).

The other nice one we have is The New Baby which is an usborne first experiences one. THis one is about the birth of a third child, lots of preparing for baby, rushing to hospital in middle of night leaving wee ones wiht grandparents, then visiting in hospital etc. Also very good.

fisil Fri 26-May-06 14:28:21

Our favourite was "What shall we do with the Boo Hoo Baby?" - it wasn't about siblings, but it was about how to deal with a baby, and it helped ds1 to understand the limits to ds2's world!

majorstress Fri 26-May-06 14:30:06

Another vote for Za Za, and we liked Billy and the Barglebogle, mayber better for older ones as my friend's timid little boy was worried by the monster (my dds loved it at every age, and still do age 3 and 5.)

kate100 Fri 26-May-06 14:41:41

We had 'There's a house inside my Mommy' and it's great, we also had the New Baby, which was also good, but more factual and to the point. It also had in pictures of the new mum breast feeding the baby, which was good so ds1 knew what was coming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: