Talk

Advanced search

Tax credits childcare check??

(6 Posts)
Gemziewooo Tue 27-Nov-12 18:31:15

Hi just wondering if someone can help. My childs nursery yesterday, had informed me that tax credits had phoned requesting childcare cost information about what I pay and if my children attend the nursery. I haven't recieved a letter about this stating thry are checking on me however when I got home from the nursery I did ring tax credits and they said there is a letter on its way to me. I'm guessing this is a routine check?? And the thing I am most worried about is if they will stop my payments while they are checking me?? Does anyone know?? They phoned nursery yesterday and my payments are due friday, when I asked tax credits about payments they said my payment scheduel is still up and running but I suppose theres still time for it to change. Worried with it being bill day monday. Please help xx

ThatDudeSanta Tue 27-Nov-12 18:35:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gemziewooo Tue 27-Nov-12 19:14:01

Ok thanks for your reply, I just thought they stop payments at the beginning of investigation regardless the situation x

elkiedee Tue 27-Nov-12 19:44:47

This thread is in the wrong place - if you ask Mumsnet to put it in the right place, you might get more responses.

If they said this is a routine check not an investigation, I would think that it is just that and there shouldn't be any reason to stop your tax credits. Also, they told you the payments are still scheduled, didn't they? They didn't say they're stopping them. But do ring the tax credits helpline again, and ask them whether they will be stopping or changing your tax credits at this stage.

PerfectStranger74 Tue 27-Nov-12 19:54:41

They do routine checks, its fine, they did it with me. They didn't contact nursery, just me, asking for copies of my contract.

They don't stop payments, if you have been paid too much, they will reduce your payments next year til the debt is paid off.

Gemziewooo Wed 28-Nov-12 08:14:47

Great thanks for your help, xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: