Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bright young things - scarlett thomas

(4 Posts)
lucyellenmum Sun 04-Nov-12 19:54:13

WEird yes? a 20p kindle book - third of the way through and its like a really boring episode of big brother. Does it get any better?

crescentmoon Mon 05-Nov-12 10:08:01

I was considering buying this book yesterday- sounded interesting. I really enjoyed 'the end of mr y', got me into reading about quantum mechanics for short while after.have you read any of her other books?

lucyellenmum Mon 05-Nov-12 10:22:46

I started to read "the end of mr y" as i am already a bit into quantum physics (emphasis on the Bit!!) and it was loosely based on my old university! But i dropped it in the bath!! (the book not the kindle, thankfully!) Not read any of the others but i have to say that i find this one very different to Mr Y. So will be keen to see if there is a twist because if there isn't and it just turns into a study of how people behave in exreme circumstances, i'll be wanting to throw the book across the floor, which is what i do when i finish a book that i didn't enjoy or am frustrated with, only i can't because i dont want to throw my kindle across the floor!, obviously grin

Its only 20p though smile at the moment

myflabberisgasted Mon 05-Nov-12 18:52:09

I bought this as it was only 20p and I did finish it but it wasn't the best book I've ever read!

I found the truth or dare part went on far to long (don't know if you have got that far yet) but like you say, it is like a bit of a long episode of big brother!
I was disappointed with the ending as it left it quite open. But for 20p I wasn't to bothered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now