Talk

Advanced search

Secrets of the Tides by Hannah Richell

(7 Posts)
FreddoBaggyMac Sat 27-Oct-12 08:34:26

I'm just coming to the end of this and reading slowly because I don't want it to stop!

I wanted to recommend it as I haven't read such an unputdownable book in a while. I ordered it from Amazon and was slightly perturbed by the glowing reviews from Grazia and good Housekeeping on the back cover (Not normally where I'd get my book recommendations as I'm a slightly snobby reader!!!) but it is excellently written - a proper good old fashioned read with family dramas, emotional mother-daughter relationships, intrigue and mystery and a lovely old Dorset house smile I love it!!

Can anyone recommend me anything similar to read next? I think it has almost put me back in the mood to read Rosamunde Pilcher's 'Coming home' which I liked as a teenager (but perhaps not quite!)

DuchessofMalfi Sat 27-Oct-12 08:50:46

How about Rachel Hore or Kate Morton next? DH likes family dramas and has read some by both these authors this year, which he said were very good. I've got them on my tbr pile now.

Galaxymum Sat 27-Oct-12 11:54:00

I loved this book as well. I had to keep reading and stayed up very late....then I was sorry I had to let the characters go. I recommend Lucinda Riley - Hothouse Flowers is a great book, similar style to Kate Morton. Also the Light Behind The Window is one of my reads of the year. Can't remember this author but The Ghost of Lily Painter is fab too.

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 28-Oct-12 08:03:34

Thanks both of you - glad you enjoyed it as much as me Galaxy!

I love Kate Morton and am planning on reading her new one. I read one by Rachel Hore a while ago and wasn't impressed but perhaps it wasn't one of her best, are there any of her books that you particularly recommend?

I've read Hothouse Flowers and didn't like it as much as Kate Morton, but perhaps I will try another one by Lucinda Riley... am off to check out your other recommendations Galaxy - thank you x

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 28-Oct-12 08:09:58

Think I will HAVE to read both The Ghost of Lily Painter and The Light Behind the Window smile Thanks for recomendations x

DuchessofMalfi Sun 28-Oct-12 08:32:02

The Memory Garden by Rachel Hore was the one that DH read recently. He liked it. He's also read The Ghost of Lily Painter, which he said wasn't bad either.

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 28-Oct-12 15:58:02

Thanks, don't think The memory garden was the one I tried so will look that up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now