Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else read 'The memory keepers Daughter'?

(13 Posts)
littlebubbalove Thu 25-Oct-12 14:52:29

I am finding it a very interesting read! Had to really think if it was Fiction or nonfiction. Anyone else read/reading it? (please dont post about the end i havnt finished it yet) smile xx

BookFairy Thu 25-Oct-12 14:54:27

Yes I've read it. Can't remember too much about the writing/plot but I enjoyed the story and thought it was well put together smile

Bananababy Fri 26-Oct-12 00:48:34

Me!! I'm reading it!! xx

maillotjaune Fri 26-Oct-12 19:25:58

Yes, it was the second or third book I read at the book group I used to go to. I thought it was a good story but the writing was terrible and I only read it because I was still enjoying the whole idea of a book group.

moonblushtomato Fri 26-Oct-12 20:56:03

I thought it was a wonderful book tho think her second novel wasn't quite as good.

CoteDAzur Fri 26-Oct-12 21:38:57

Oh yes, I had the misfortune to read this book for our Book Club, too. Really badly written, dire book. I ended up counting the number of times the words shimmering, glittering, and glimmering were used. And corny stuff like "listening to the snow fall". Gah.

MooncupGoddess Sat 27-Oct-12 11:06:32

Like Cote I hated the writing, and also found it terribly mawkish and somewhat implausible.

iwasyoungonce Sat 27-Oct-12 11:20:22

I didn't like it. It wa the first book my Book Club read - about 4 years ago. I picked it! blush These days I do better research before I make my choice!

MarjorieAntrobus Sat 27-Oct-12 11:57:20

Fiction! Obviously!

I read it for one of my book groups a few years ago. In my opinion, it is a light holiday read. Yep, mawkish and implausible.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Sun 28-Oct-12 22:07:48

I read it and was very disappointed by how shit it was.

knittedslippersx3 Sun 28-Oct-12 22:09:35

I think I read it! Give me a quick reminder and it will come back to me.

Viperidae Sun 28-Oct-12 22:11:51

I read it and didn't mind it. Was her second one the Lake of Dreams one? I've just finished that and it was ok but nothing to write home about.

poocatcherchampion Sun 28-Oct-12 22:14:22

Hated it as much the second time!don't know why I read it again..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now