Talk

Advanced search

Holiday reading

(10 Posts)
eurowitch Wed 24-Oct-12 14:06:04

I'm off for a winter sun beach holiday in a few weeks. Please recommend me some holiday reading (preferably available on Kindle)! Ideas so far include:

The new Marian Keyes
Moranolgy or whatever it's called
Possibly trying to tackle Wolf Hall (although I stupidly bought it as a hard back so it is a bit bulky to travel with)

I have pretty eclectic tastes, although I am not a big fan of historical fiction or dumbed down chicklit.

Thanks in advance.

I read 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' on holiday this year and enjoyed it apart from a ridiculous bit at the end. It's a film now too, though I've not seen it yet.
A decent easy read anyway.

Also, have you read The Green Mile?

DuchessofMalfi Wed 24-Oct-12 18:12:23

I've just finished re-reading Pride and Prejudice and absolutely loved it, so how about Jane Austen's novels? Most of them are free on kindle smile

Jane Austen = excellent, and once you've read P&P you can read P&P with zombies too! smile

tripfiction Wed 24-Oct-12 20:11:58

Have enjoyed the following:

Backpack by Emily Barr (set in India and South East Asia)
On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves (set in the Maldives)

EuroShagmore Thu 25-Oct-12 12:22:31

I read P&P at least twice a year! It might get (yet another) a reread while we are away.

Thanks for those tips Remus and tripfiction - I will check them out!

EuroShagmore Thu 25-Oct-12 12:26:59

Just bought Wallflower! Thanks.

Any more?

Myliferocks Thu 25-Oct-12 13:03:19

The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
The House By The Sea by Santa Montefiore

It only took a day each to read these books when I was on holiday.
I was hooked!

elkiedee Fri 26-Oct-12 11:39:56

The latest Kindle sale started yesterday, so you might like to have a browse through that

EuroShagmore Sat 27-Oct-12 13:10:54

Thanks for the tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now