Talk

Advanced search

David Baldacci

(6 Posts)
foxtrottango Tue 23-Oct-12 14:45:06

I am an avid reader and have hundreds of books. A couple of years ago I acquired an awful lot of books by David Baldacci. I read the backs of some and they seemed ok but I have never had the urge to read one. I could do with some space. I don't really know anything about him. I like crime novels, Chris Mooney, Richard Montanari, Jefferson Bass and I do tend to prefer american authors (I feel that makes me sound a bit dim, I'm not but I read for pleasure as I haven't time to read anything worthy blush ). Im not really into political plots and I seem to remember a few of his sounding political.

So, is he any good, would you recommend I try one (and if so, which one) and if they are not my type of thing would anyone like to come and take them off my hands free of charge grin

CoteDAzur Wed 24-Oct-12 13:15:01

I read one of his books a few years ago. I don't remember anything about it except that it was really bad. Sorry smile

foxtrottango Wed 24-Oct-12 19:50:40

Thats ok. They didnt cost me anything smile. Ive never been inspired to read one, i didnt want to waste any time. At least now i know wink

Chocaholics Wed 24-Oct-12 20:27:02

I have read a couple of his, I liked the Sean King and Michelle Maxwell novels but not overly impressed with some of his others

iseenodust Thu 25-Oct-12 09:16:40

Give him a go. They're decent airport fodder. grin Although set around Washington they are definitely more crime than political fiction. The camel club ones could be a place to start.

foxtrottango Thu 25-Oct-12 19:32:55

Thanks for that iseeno. I like easy reading for the bath as i never go on holiday. Ill dig through see if theres any camel club or the ones choc mentioned. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now