Talk

Advanced search

Black Dagger Brotherhood Series

(5 Posts)
whensteaready Thu 18-Oct-12 16:41:29

I have just read this series by J R Ward and loved it. I have never read this sort of thing before and was hoping someone can point me in the direction of similar books. I have started Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series but it is not as good.
Thanks

siilk Thu 18-Oct-12 18:53:11

Ooooo where to start. I love Sherilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter's and Christine freehan's Carpathian's, I also enjoyed the Dark Kyn and the kyndred books but the name of the author escapes me. There are so many great books have fun exploring.

TakeMyEyesButNotTheGoat Fri 19-Oct-12 20:02:03

Larissa Ione - Demonica Series is supposed to be really good. I've yet to read one but JR Ward fans recommend them.

I adore the BDB books.

pointyfangs Sat 20-Oct-12 21:39:12

I love the BDB and I think the Midnight Breed are a pale shadow.

I like the Dark Hunter series (and I think 'Acheron' is one of the best paranormals ever written) but think Christine Feehan is too up herself with her big 'mystique' <fails to mince words, there is only so much explicit sex I can read if it's wrapped up in metaphysical bollocks>

If you want cheap paranormal thrills you should try Kresley Cole's Immortals after Dark series - nowhere near on a par with BDB but at least it has a sense of humour.

gokhuvegeta Sun 21-Oct-12 01:42:52

Pointyfangs- thanks for the heads up on Immortals, I shall give that a look.
I like a sense of humour with my bite, have you read The Darkness in the shadows- Briers? It's a hoot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now