Talk

Advanced search

WoT - excerpt from chapter 11 of MoL

(11 Posts)

Exciting!! I may have to change back to WoTmania in readiness for the release of A Memory of Light in January (the 8th to be precise)

PrincessSymbian Thu 11-Oct-12 17:27:15

But the question is, shall I read the entire series again, in preparation over the months of December? Or not bother because that would be about the fifth time I have done so?

RubberNeckerNicker Thu 11-Oct-12 17:28:37

That's my dilemma exactly!

Re-read, definitely. otherwise you will get completely lost as you'll have forgotten all the tiny little details and will notice all sorts of new things that never occurred to you before.

PrideOfChanur Wed 24-Oct-12 20:15:15

I would plan to re-read,but I can't see myself finishing before January! After all,I've been reading the series for what seems like my Entire Adult Life (though actually only since 1992,a mere 20 years...!)
I have listened to the audio books up to The Fires of Heaven relatively recently,so maybe I'll read on from there.
I do hope he doesn't leave too many loose ends.

Trills Sat 24-Nov-12 11:49:03

When do you think I need to start my re-read?

crescentmoon Sun 25-Nov-12 09:00:28

i am so angry with brandon sanderson that it has taken him this long. have you noticed how many books hes managed to publish of his own in the time he was supposed to be working on the final sequel? i cant even allow my hopes to go up that it really will be out early next year

Trills Sun 25-Nov-12 11:24:51

"So angry"?

I think his run rate has been better than Robert Jordan's, and RJ didn't have the worry of people saying you didn't do it right.

RJ's last 3 books: 2000, 2003, 2005
BS's books: 2009, 2010, 2013 (and they are bigger)

Are you a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire by any chance? Neil Gaiman has something to say that I think applies in this case as well.

crescentmoon Sun 25-Nov-12 12:43:51

I gave up on George Martin 2years before book 5 was published- DH bought it as soon as it came out but it's been on the bookshelf for ages and I still haven't read it.

I think I was spoiled by the Malazan empire series. Steven Ericsson published a book every year without fail from the late 90s until book 10 the crippled god which took 18months. He never let his fans down. That's what has been keeping me going while waiting for Memory of light. I feel like my adolescence will finally be over when I finish that book- but yes, gaiman is right, Brandon Sanderson is not my bitch ha. Nor is he going to hurry up and finish if I buy as many of his own books as possible for bribery!

crescentmoon Sun 25-Nov-12 12:46:10

I know Robert Jordan had really hoped to finish his last book before passing away-we mourned him in our house on that day. DH and I originally found the wheel of time the first of many things we had in common when we first met!

Trills Sun 25-Nov-12 13:01:44

I wish George R R Martin was my bitch...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now