Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone read Diana Gabaldon's saga?

(16 Posts)
TurqtheHeraldAngelsSing Fri 30-Dec-05 21:05:42

I've just finished "A breath of snow and ashes" and am gutted that it looks like it's the last one! Someone please tell me there's more to come? Her fan website is so convoluted its impossible to work out.
I guess I'll just have to start all over again from the beginning if that's it! It was so good, much better than "Fiery Cross".

Passionflower Fri 30-Dec-05 21:33:04

She said its the last one but I reckon she might do another. Could be wishful thinking though. Was utterly fab tho wasn't it?

Passionflower Fri 30-Dec-05 21:33:50

I think she is writing one about raymond.

TurqtheHeraldAngelsSing Fri 30-Dec-05 21:39:49

Who's Raymond? I didn't get hugely into Drums of Autumn or Fiery Cross, so obviously missed something!
I loved this one, Jamie and Claire's relationship seems so central again in this one.
I thought we'd see them going back to Scotland eventually though

Passionflower Fri 30-Dec-05 21:52:55

Raymond is one of Claire's ancestors.

He had a shop selling herbs and other stuff in Paris and saved Claire's life after her miscarriage (Dragonfly in amber). It was also he that 'trained' the native americans who time travelled.

TurqtheHeraldAngelsSing Fri 30-Dec-05 22:00:39

I remember him, but hadn't realised he was Claire's ancestor or the native american bit. Time for a reread I think - I tend only to reread Outlander or Voyager.
I will get "Lord John" as well - hope there'll be more about Willie if there's another book, as presumably Brianna won't be back.

Passionflower Fri 30-Dec-05 22:19:09

They're definitely worth a re-read.

Lord John is good too.

ambercat Fri 30-Dec-05 22:50:29

God i read the 1st 3 books a few years ago,did'nt realise she wrote more.
Can anyone tell me them all in order so i can catch up? thanks

Passionflower Sat 31-Dec-05 09:15:19

Cross Stitch
Dragonfly in Amber
Voyager
Drums of Autumn
The Fiery Cross
A Breath of Snow and Ashes

ChipButty Sat 08-Sep-07 19:04:05

Just wanted to put a shout out for Diana Gabaldon! Have nearly finished 'Cross Stitch' - a recommendation from a friend. Would never have picked it up myself (the title is uninspiring until you learn the true meaning) but it is fantastic: Historical fiction with a good dash of romance. The hero, Jamie, is all man! Give it a go and perhaps we can have a chat about it. CB xx

Dior Sat 08-Sep-07 19:26:39

Message withdrawn

fishie Sat 08-Sep-07 19:30:55

i thought she went a bit mad in drums of autumn and wish i'd never bothered with fiery cross. did she really get better again?

Dior Sat 08-Sep-07 19:34:00

Message withdrawn

dalek Sun 09-Sep-07 14:39:59

I gave up on The Fiery Cross - if I don't go back to it and go straight to the last one will I understand what's going on? I loved the first three books - found the others hard work

turquoise Sun 09-Sep-07 14:45:17

I really struggled with The Fiery Cross but enjoyed A Breath of Snow and Ashes. Think the first three are by miles the best though.

I thought there was one more to go?

This site would probably tell you, bit twee though, can't face plowing through it, or
one

mummydoit Sun 09-Sep-07 14:47:35

I read them and loved them. I was so said when I finished the last one. It was like saying goodbye to old friends. I really loved the Jamie character.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now