Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has any one got a copy of Bill Bryson's The Lost Continent

(8 Posts)
BestisWest Mon 03-Oct-11 17:16:42

...and can you tell me if there's a map in it? I'm convinced I saw a map two days ago and now I can't find it. There are maps in Notes from a Small Island and Down Under so there should be one in this.
I'm sure it was there on Saturday.

Or have I gone mad?

tutorsurrey Mon 03-Oct-11 20:19:26

Sounds funny. I'm trying to remember. I don't think it did. But I have often read an entire book thinking 'I wish there was a map here', only to find one at the end, so it's worth double checking!
Robin

LunaticFringe Mon 03-Oct-11 20:25:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Mon 03-Oct-11 20:28:35

Right. I'm sitting here with my copy on my knee. It's a double book thing with Neither Here Nor There - it most definitely does not have a map in it. Why, out of interes? And have you read A Walk in the Wood? I love it!

cmgjh Mon 03-Oct-11 20:28:46

Had a look in my paperback edition from 1997 and there's no map in there that I can find!

BestisWest Mon 03-Oct-11 20:45:42

I don't know - I just remember looking at a map of North America in the last few days and assumed it was in the book - I am half way thorough and wanted to see where he'd been.

Oh well, must have imagined it!

A map would definitely improve it though. You can't have too many maps.

ButWhy yes, I have read a Walk in the Woods just the other day - I've read them all. I am on a mission to read them all again.

He is great isn't he.

ButWhyIsTheGinGone Mon 03-Oct-11 20:48:13

I just LOVE the self deprecating humour! He puts such funny images in your head, to the point where you really do laugh out loud! :-D I have LOSt my copy of Life and Time of the Thunderbolt Kid, but I remember that being fantastic. Must raid the charity shops...!

BestisWest Mon 03-Oct-11 21:01:30

That is next on my list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now