Talk

Advanced search

Book giveaway - Everything and Nothing by Araminta Hall - BOOKS ALL GONE

(3 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:42:23

Amazing response from our book club newsletter for copies of Araminta Hall's Everything and Nothing and the 50 copies have already gone now. If you were too late and didn't get a copy, order it for just £3.99 at Amazon. For those who have received copies, please do come back to this thread once you've finished reading and let us know what you think.

alibubbles Wed 14-Sep-11 15:59:16

When is the link for Howmotherslove@littlebrown.co.uk going to work?

JannyMary Thu 13-Oct-11 15:19:55

I've just finished reading Everything and Nothing (Araminta Hall) - finished it off in my office in my lunch break, I had to bring it to work because I couldn't put it down. Sounds like a cliche, I know, but I read so many books but not all of them are as compulsive as this one. I've just read someone's review of it, on Book Swap (or something!) and they said it was flat, characters unlikeable, building up to something and then not delivering. I have to say I don't agree with that at all - the whole point of the "unlikeable" characters is that they are real, they're complex and, let's face it, most of us are unlikeable at times! They weren't "unlikeable" anyway, each had good and bad parts (like real people!). I think the reader on Book Swap just didn't "get" it, or is used to reading much lighter stuff! I thought the book worked on a psychological level and these kinds of books don't always have to have a shoot-out climax. Anyway, loved the book, it didn't read like a first novel and I'll look out for Araminta Hall in future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now