Talk

Advanced search

I've started, but should I finish ?? Two books I'm struggling with. Is it worth persevering ?

(6 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Sun 11-Sep-11 20:19:02

I'm probably about 5 or 6 chapters in and neither of them are grabbing me. Has anyone read them and if so, what did you think ? Should I carry on ?

The books are "When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman

"The People Next Door" by Christopher Ransom

ilikethesun Sun 11-Sep-11 20:28:49

the rabbit book.....i did finish but thought it was naff.

I hated The People Next Door - don't bother! Rubbish story and terrible writing. I thought it was going to be a psychological thriller from the blurb on the back but it ended up being a rubbish teen-level horror.

Summatontoast Sun 11-Sep-11 20:32:09

I could not finish the rabbit one either - is now on shelf next to the dragon tattoo book...try the book thief, is brilliant, just finished & really enjoyed.

Sleepwhenidie Sun 11-Sep-11 20:41:22

Haven't read either but am a firm believer that life's too short to persevere with books you aren't enjoying, there are so many others that you will love and you won't even get to read all of them smile

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 11-Sep-11 21:56:23

Thanks all. As I thought really. I shall put them back on the bookshelf (also next to unread Dragon Tattoo books Summatontoast smile I've read the Book Thief and really enjoyed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now