Talk

Advanced search

I love it when I find a 'new to me' author!

(8 Posts)
Tidypidy Fri 02-Sep-11 20:44:16

My husband gave me The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths for my birthday this year and it's fantastic! Fresh writing, exciting storyline, realistic characters, a love triangle etc etc! So impressed have bought and read her other 2 books and can't to read the third.
Anyone else discovered this fab 'new' author?

thehamburglar Fri 02-Sep-11 21:00:19

Yes, I recently bought the first one in the Amazon Kindle sale and then HAD to buy the next two. Very gutted to find out that the next one isn't due out til next year!

Shoshe Fri 02-Sep-11 21:12:02

Suzanne Collins, writes fantasy sort of books. Loved her books, read the Hunger Games first.

snuffy143 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:23:15

Am just looking at Elly Griffiths on Amazon and am going to download one - are they separate books, not a series? And Tidypidy, would you recommend any particular one to start with? Need a good read...ta!

Tidypidy Sat 03-Sep-11 22:13:00

House at Sea's End is first one, then Crossing Places, then Janus Stone. Enjoy!

herbietea Sat 03-Sep-11 22:18:14

Message withdrawn

Cherrypi Sun 04-Sep-11 08:13:42

Fantastic fiction put it as crossing, then Janus, then sea. Maybe they stand alone quite well so order doesn't matter. I've downloaded the sample for crossing places and really enjoyed it. Contemplating purchasing the book. It's so easy to spend money on a kindle.

thehamburglar Sun 04-Sep-11 13:58:07

You have to read in order: The Crossing Places, The Janus Stone, The House at Sea's End. It's important to the character development, IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now