Talk

Advanced search

Kindle help please - sharing downloads

(10 Posts)
Sukie1971 Mon 29-Aug-11 08:41:56

Hi,
There was a thread on here a while back which told how kindles can be linked and downloads shared. I'm afraid I didn't understand how it works, can anyone explain it so I (being old and a little scared of trying techno stuff) can try it please?

Ta

pipsqueak Mon 29-Aug-11 20:53:18

would love to know if this is possible - feel a bit cheated that ca n not share books as would with a book but do love kindle apart from that

ellie02 Mon 29-Aug-11 20:55:51

OOh watching with interest smile

HopeEternal Wed 31-Aug-11 09:10:42

Was it this thread, Sukie?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/adult_fiction/1142854-Kindle-reading-club

Sukie1971 Fri 02-Sep-11 19:24:24

Yes Hope but I just dont understand how it works [thick emoticon]. Can anyone explain it to me in words of one syllable? blush

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 03-Sep-11 10:15:46

Sukie, I'm the same so am watching with interest.

C0smos Sat 03-Sep-11 14:17:48

I wanted to do this and couldn't work it out. I emailed amazon and the responded to say the facility wasn't working yet but they would pass on my comments to the developers. I don't think they have sussed a way to share in a secure manner yet I.e without books bring shared and copied all over the place

Rather annoying

C0smos Sat 03-Sep-11 14:20:46

Having said that, I download booksnon .mobi format all the time from other sites and copy them via USB to my kindle. I can email them to others to do the same it's just the ebooks from Amazon you can't share

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:05

Can't get the website to work COsmos, can you link it please.

spanishbint Sat 03-Sep-11 23:18:45

hello i have a kindle which i think is great my dh also has one when i but a book you deregister it than put your name in register it should automatically change over then you deregister again then reregister in your name again hope it works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now