Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got any slash recs...

(17 Posts)
talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 19:14:36

that aren't Twilight or Harry Potter? I like nice long angsty ones with lots of characterisation rather than pwp. If anyone is interested I highly rate after the rescue by karmen ghia, star trek TOS, Spock/McCoy, with the best ocs ever; and anything by paperclipbitch, who writes in several fandoms, notably House, Glee, Torchwood. Any recommendations? Thanks!

LaLaLaLayla Thu 25-Aug-11 19:16:49

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. Hope you've got a strong stomach...

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 19:24:38

Wow that was quick! Googling now...

TeamEdward Thu 25-Aug-11 19:26:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 19:28:03

Uh, I don't think that's the kind of slash I meant! I guess you aren't a lurker on the twisluts threads, where slash = m/m fanfiction. But thanks anyway!

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 19:31:05

Sorry that was to lalalayla! Thanks TE it was the twi threads tat made me decide to ask, I figured I wasn't the only mums net slasher! I don't do twilight, and reckon I've read all the H/D I need, though I enjoyed the link to Foundations someone posted.

notcitrus Thu 25-Aug-11 20:05:23

Try googling your pair of choice plus slash plus 'award' - anything half decent seems to have won something!
Works for Xfiles and Buffy...

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 20:26:50

Adding award is a fab idea. I often put recs but just haven't read anything really well written lately. Will give it a go.

LaWeasel Thu 25-Aug-11 20:37:30

Which shows do you like? I was about to recommend some stuff but it's mostly PWP!

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 20:48:02

I do read pwp but I really want something to get engrossed in! I'll try most stuff, at the moment I like Ncis, oceans 11, glee, star trek 2009; and previosly I've read a lot of smallville, sports night, supernatural, Harry potter, buffy ( mostly spike/ sander, spike/Tara), hsm, torchwood, and star trek tos. For some reason twilight just doesn't hook me in! But if I find an author I like I'll read all the fandoms/ pairings they write.

NeonFlapjacks Thu 25-Aug-11 20:52:06

Does it have to be fanfiction? I had some ebooks that I might still have on PDF. 'I'll be your drill soldier' is one that stands out in memory.

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 20:58:18

No, I only like it because it's free! So PDFs also great.

NeonFlapjacks Thu 25-Aug-11 20:59:06

Ok, I'll have a look later.

talkingnonsense Thu 25-Aug-11 21:03:36

Thank you.

I can 2nd I'll be your Drill soldier,not fabulously written(i wanted to take my red pen out!) but good none the less!. Also the Psycops Series. I have them all in pdf if you pm your email. I suspect its the same ones Neon has.... prob sent to us both at the same time!

NeonFlapjacks Thu 25-Aug-11 22:35:38

Nope, can't find Drill Soldier or Psycops. I must have deleted them after sending to my Kindle.
Dream: can you send them onto talking If you have them.

LaLaLaLayla Fri 26-Aug-11 05:29:09

I guess you aren't a lurker on the twisluts threads, where slash = m/m fanfiction.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now