Talk

Advanced search

Tess Gerritsen - Should I Perceiver?

(8 Posts)
chirpchirp Sun 14-Aug-11 21:48:54

I've started to run out of crime authors and my friend recommended Tess Gerristsen. Just finished Keeper of the Bride and I'm totally underwhelmed. I like my crime to be a bit more hard boiled than this. Should I perceiver or is this book a good marker of the rest of her books?

TotalChaos Sun 14-Aug-11 21:55:28

I would only go for her Rizzoli/Isles series (The Surgeon, etc), they are proper police type ones, when she was successful with those they started reprinting her romance type ones.

looblylu Mon 15-Aug-11 14:54:58

i second sticking to the Rizzoli/Isles series.
Basically, avoid any of her books published by Mira since they are her earlier romance novels just rebranded by the publisher to look more like her more popular books!

chirpchirp Mon 15-Aug-11 16:21:42

Thanks for the tip. It was the only one on the shelf in the library so though I would give it a shot. Shall see if I can seek out the first Rizzoli book and then make my mind up.

mrsbleasdale Sun 18-Sep-11 17:50:49

I know this post is a month old.....but The Surgeon is great ! Definitely worth a read

themightyskim Fri 23-Sep-11 19:10:00

I loved Tess Gerritsens early books so I agree with reading the surgeon etc, also loved Karin Slaughter if you havent read any of hers

LeBOF Fri 23-Sep-11 19:19:13

It's persevere, btw smile

I agree that the earlier police procedural stuff is better. Have you tried Rankin?

notnowImreading Fri 23-Sep-11 19:21:50

It's a huge pile of steaming turd. I'd give up (and I say this as someone who loves a bit of trash reading). I couldn't believe the awful writing in some of her early work (e.g. Harvest) but have to admit that she has either got better or got a better editor in her more recent stuff. Still so, so bad though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now