Talk

Advanced search

Kindle question

(5 Posts)
HopeEternal Fri 12-Aug-11 12:56:21

I took advantage of the Kindle Summer Sale last week. I bought 5 books using the 1-click order doodah. This meant that 5 very small transactions were charged to my card within a short space of time.

Yesterday I tried to use my card to withdraw money from an ATM and the transaction was refused. It turns out that a caution was placed on my card because of this series of small transactions. I'm not complaining that my bank did this as fraudsters frequently test a card number by making very small purchases before moving in for the BIG one. Once the bank were happy that I was really the card holder and that these were legitimate transactions the caution was immediately removed.

What I'd like to know is if there is any way to add Kindle purchases to a basket so that I only pay once at the end. I did have a look around but couldn't find anything obvious.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

BabeRuthless Fri 12-Aug-11 12:59:30

Best thing to do is buy yourself an amazon e voucher at the start of the month, say for £20, then add it to your account. Any purchases you make will come off that voucher. It avoids loads of little transactions & is a good way of keeping a lid on your spending. Done it myself a few times & it works a treat.

HopeEternal Fri 12-Aug-11 13:20:48

Ah, thanks for that, Babe. I've only had the Kindle for a couple of weeks so I'm still finding my way around.

BabeRuthless Fri 12-Aug-11 13:53:49

No problem. There's a discussion forum on the Amazon website & I always have a read of that. It's quite handy for things like knowing what to do if your kindle crashes. Hope you're enjoying your kindle!

HopeEternal Fri 12-Aug-11 15:15:05

I am enjoying my Kindle.

I shall take even greater pleasure in it when I pack for our holiday in a few weeks time. I normally take 4 - 6 books for a fortnight. This time I just have to take the Kindle!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now