Talk

Advanced search

Book Club Categories

(5 Posts)
MidnightHag Sun 07-Aug-11 12:00:26

For the next meeting of the book club that I belong to I need to take suggestions of different categories of books, to ensure that we cover a wider range of material. Apart from the obvious (crime, historical etc) what genres would you suggest?

IreadthereforeIam Sun 07-Aug-11 16:41:45

Science Fiction? Fantasy? (They might set the birds amongst the pigeons - not many people I know read them!! wink)Biography? The first two aren't obvious choices for book clubs (not the one that I go to, anyway!!).

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 07-Aug-11 21:11:41

Instead of suggesting genres how about someone suggesting a word, like birds or italy for instance, and everyone puts forward a book that has the word as a theme? You may get a greater variety that way and some more interesting titles.

If you do stick with catergories how about non-fiction? I've seen this one as a book club suggestion.

MidnightHag Mon 08-Aug-11 10:03:06

I actually hadn't thought about Sci Fi or Fantasy blush. We definitely could do with some suggestions for non-fic titles, so I'll suggest that John Lanchester book. Thanks.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 08-Aug-11 19:27:47

How about classics or self help? Think I need to read Madame Bovary hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now