(8 Posts)
traceybeaker Sun 07-Aug-11 11:23:36

I loved ''the forgotton garden'' and ''the house at riverton''

Just started last night when all was quiet ''the distant hours''

any fans out there?

Gastonladybird Sun 07-Aug-11 11:33:18

Yes really like Her- very readable

Penelope1980 Mon 15-Aug-11 07:34:38

I loved the first two, but not the third one so much.

AlmaMartyr Mon 15-Aug-11 08:13:57

I liked the first two, didn't realise there was another one. I'll have a look!

Worksitoutwithapencil Mon 15-Aug-11 19:16:07

Hi

I am also a Kate Morton fan, I loved 'The House At Riverton' and remember crying a lot towards the end.

I know you did not ask for reccomendations but if you like 'The House At Riverton' you will probably like 'The Blind Assassin' by Margaret Atwood - it is my all time favourite book and has similar themes ie. sisters, forbidden love, the war.

traceybeaker Tue 16-Aug-11 17:24:33

ooooooooooooooooooooo I will check it out, thanks always looking for something new.

Skimummy Wed 17-Aug-11 13:48:05

I like Kate Morton as well - enjoyed the Distant Hours and did not pick the twist at the end (although in hindsight I was being a bit dense as all the clues were there). Agree with the Blind Assassin recommendation - great book.

Orlando Wed 17-Aug-11 13:55:49

I like her too; think she writes beautifully though her characters are sometimes not fleshed out as well as they might be. Mainly I love that genre - dual time frame, with lots of secrets to be discovered - and don't think there are that many authors writing it really well. Lucinda Riley is one, but her first book (Hothouse Flower) was flawed in a significant way that really reduced my enjoyment of it. Kate Morton is current queen of the genre, but I'll deffo check out Blind Assassin now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now