Talk

Advanced search

Only for those who have read Dance with Dragons (SPOILERS!)

(4 Posts)
MadAsASnakeNana Tue 02-Aug-11 11:22:55

Please, please tell me that he hasn't killed off Jon Snow. I can live with the Dornish prince being killed - although a very nasty way to die. I've somehow convinced myself that Jon would survive everything and become Super/High King of Westeros.

thehamburglar Tue 02-Aug-11 12:03:03

I suspect that Jon Snow will live to see another day! Possibly saved by Wun Wun and/or other wildlings. I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up ruling with Danaerys either. Maybe he'll be able to 'warg' (not sure what the correct verb is) with the dragons. Or is that too far fetched?!

Also agree, the death of Quentyn Martell was brutal! The bit about having pools of pus for eyes... GAG!

Ephiny Wed 03-Aug-11 15:21:09

I suspect he survives in some form - the 'warg' thing has been really emphasised in this book, so maybe that's related. It would be incredible for someone to warg into a dragon - I thought maybe Bran ('you will fly') but it would make sense for it to be Jon - 'warg' skills from his Stark side, dragon affinity from the Targaryen side.

I'd imagined he would end up ruling as well, if certain theories are correct he could actually be the legitimate heir to the throne (though the 'hidden heir' thing is a big fantasy cliche!).

chickflit Wed 03-Aug-11 21:14:37

Just finished, how amazing are these books? I did say "oh you bastard" at Jon's demise (I really hope he's not dead), but that's only because George Martin kills off all the good ones.

Poor old Quentyn did die a pretty brutal death.

I just love these books they are superb, but there is so much I need to know, Sansa's story, Sam...

How many years do you reckon it will be to the next one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now