Talk

Advanced search

Tv book club

(7 Posts)
pink4ever Mon 18-Jul-11 20:36:36

Is any one else reading along with the tv book club summer picks?. I read all the books on the last series(Room etc) but only rated 2 of them. So far I have read The Lantern(so so) and Moonlight Mile(good but light weight and predictable).
Anyone read any of the others on the list?.

sharbie Mon 18-Jul-11 20:38:46

i read one they all raved about last time - even the dogs.

no one had even heard of it in my local bookshop - i posted on here to see if anyone else had read it - no response

it was ok not great - made me think they rave about all their choices esp as you only rated 2

pink4ever Tue 19-Jul-11 09:22:17

I found Even the dogs almost unreadable!. The ones I rated were-
Spies of The balkans
The immortal life of henrietta lacks(best book I have read in ages)

The last duchess was hokum but good for a holiday read. Ditto Bleed for me. I couldnt stand the andrea levy one-the long song?.

Am going out today to buy another two from the summer list so will be back with my views when I have read them!

sharbie Tue 19-Jul-11 13:26:23

oooo thank you i might try henrietta lacks

gailforce1 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:22:20

Henrietta Lacks was brilliant - would not have picked it up if I had not heard about it on the tv book club.

JaneBennet Thu 28-Jul-11 18:24:24

Oh completely missed this - will go and have a look what they're reading.

elkiedee Thu 28-Jul-11 18:33:50

I read all of the ones for the first series - liked all of them ok - my favourites were Cutting for Stone and Sacred Hearts in that order, and I also liked Brixton Beach enough to acquire Roma Tearne's other 3 books, and have bought them for last and this summer, I don't think I've read last summer's yet at all. I had already read or bought some of the last winter series separately - had a review copy of Henrietta Lacks when it first came out. Bought The Long Song then got sent a review copy. I have Even the Dogs and the Last Duchess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now