Talk

Advanced search

Dan Brown's books "most donated to Oxfam"

(11 Posts)
TrillianAstra Mon 04-Jul-11 12:23:19

So says the BBC

Is this because once you have read them once (or even given up partway through) you want them out of your life forever?

Or does anyone else have a more charitable explanation?

(ba doom tish)

Paschaelina Mon 04-Jul-11 12:27:52

Its because they are all shit and anyone who gets to the end of one has a strong desire to get them out of the house before they do any more damage to their brain.

Rubyx Mon 04-Jul-11 12:30:17

Hey,, Davinci Code was excellent and you can not put it down. TBH i did donate mine but just cos i have no space.... ( and along with 200 other books) I miss my babies.

TrillianAstra Mon 04-Jul-11 12:32:02

Or maybe people do like them but have to get rid of them so no-one sees them on the shelf and accuses them of liking Dan Brown

notsoqueenofclean Mon 04-Jul-11 12:32:29

I didn't really rate the Davinci Code, but I'm reading Angels and Demons (again) atm and its much better

Paschaelina Mon 04-Jul-11 12:32:46

A bit like Mills & Boon books then?

Rubyx Mon 04-Jul-11 12:34:36

Lol, Mills and Boon,,, i get mine on ebook formats, love reading this mindless romance but wouldn't want it showing on my shelves or even to physically donate it to charity.

Lightshines Mon 04-Jul-11 13:33:34

i am always mooching about secondhand charity book sales and have often wondered about the most donated (I used to think it was 'Angela's Ashes' grin

RoundOrangeHead Mon 04-Jul-11 14:13:57

probably because he has sold shit-loads

so there are more of them around

or maybe because they are rubbish books

RoundOrangeHead Mon 04-Jul-11 14:14:24

also you can only read that type of book once, like crime novels

sharbie Mon 04-Jul-11 14:15:19

yh once was def enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now