Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good light hearted book?

(9 Posts)
FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Sat 11-Jun-11 08:14:05

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Sat 11-Jun-11 08:15:59

Hi, while I love deeper books In so busy with life at the moment that I'm after an easy read with a bit of humour to take ne away from my stresses and strains. The funny side of life, parenting, working mum etc. Thanks smile

nothingnatural Sat 11-Jun-11 08:53:12

Try anything by India Knight. Ver, ver funny although the last book pissed me off a little. Also Alison Pearson "I don't know how she does it" is funny and shortly to be released as a filum.

Also Marian Keys is by parts hilarious and sad. I absolutely love her books.

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Sat 11-Jun-11 22:17:15

Ty smilesmile

BeerTricksPotter Sat 11-Jun-11 22:31:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

maggiepy Sun 12-Jun-11 22:00:30

Cant remember who its by sorry, but I remember having a good chuckle over a book called 'Framed'

TooManyBlossoms Sun 12-Jun-11 22:03:42

I love Belinda Jones' books. They're all set in a foreign country and the way she writes it's just like being there smile

TooManyBlossoms - FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf1 grin

MadamDeathstare Sun 12-Jun-11 22:05:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ogredownstairs Sun 12-Jun-11 22:18:48

Any of the Miss Read books about being a country school teacher. There are loads of them and you can usually get them in charity shops for about 50p. Written in the 1950s-70s but funny and very soothing - nothing really bad ever happens. Slightly shockingly casual attitude to dv and child neglect, but it's of its time. I read a whole one this morning when I woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep (have caught flu thing from dcs so hours a bit erratic at the mo!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: