Talk

Advanced search

Can you identify this book from my two vague recollections?

(10 Posts)
Yeni Mon 23-May-11 19:34:37

I've decided to read all the set books I didn't read in my first year of secondary school. I was a complete slacker at school and did the bare minimum and now I'm making up for lost time almost 30 years after the event.

So...the book I am looking for is set in or around WWII and the plot involved three, or possibly two, children trying to get to Lake Constance. That's all I can remember!

Any ideas? It took me months to figure out the title of A Traveller In Time, and at least I could remember some of the characters in that. I won't be able to work this one out without help.

ChinnyReckon Mon 23-May-11 19:37:02

Quick Google came up with the Silver Sword?

Rooble Mon 23-May-11 19:37:10

It could be The Silver Sword by Iain Serrailler? Were they Polish children?

lizziemun Mon 23-May-11 19:40:53

if it silver sword then it's been read on radio 4 extra at the moment

KeepCalmAndCurryOn Mon 23-May-11 19:41:29

Def The Silver Sword

DrSeuss Mon 23-May-11 19:47:30

I loved The Silver Sword. It is supposed to be based on a true story.

Yeni Mon 23-May-11 19:54:25

Wow, that was quick! Thank you! That's it. Great about it being on R4 extra, or R7 as I insist on calling it. I've recorded loads of great things onto DVD and I was actually going to ask on MN how to put them onto CD as I find the concept of watching the radio a bit odd, and I don't have a digital radio.

TheMonster Mon 23-May-11 19:55:18

smile You can rely on MN for a prompt answer.

iwastooearlytobeayummymummy Wed 25-May-11 21:45:34

Yeni
just curious to know what else is on the list?

Suncottage Fri 27-May-11 21:59:30

The Silver Sword

One of my favorite books as a child. Jan with his chicken!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: