Talk

Advanced search

Girl who kicked the hornet's nest

(19 Posts)
cornflakegirl Mon 03-Jan-11 14:19:32

I was given this for Christmas - haven't read the other two, and having started this one I feel like I've started watching a film 1.5 hours in. Should I seek out the first two? I've got a bunch of books to read and I don't want to add to it unless they're really good!

ChippyMinton Mon 03-Jan-11 14:22:04

Definately read the first two first!

brillopads Tue 04-Jan-11 16:29:22

I found the 3rd book a bit of a let-down after all the hype. I am incapable of reading a series out of order!

AllOverIt Wed 05-Jan-11 19:42:32

Definitely read the first two. Step away from the book now.... wink

tillyfernackerpants Wed 05-Jan-11 19:46:20

Definitely get the first two before starting the third!

Contrary to brillopads, I thought the third was the best of the series grin

cornflakegirl Wed 05-Jan-11 20:58:21

Don't worry, I stepped away - it was messing with my head!

Have ordered the first two from the library. Although having read some of the other threads on here, I'm not sure whether I'll actually make it through the first book - don't know whether I can be bothered to wade through half a book before it gets good...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 05-Jan-11 21:01:56

I finished the Hornets Nest this afternoon and really enjoyed it.

1st book - stick with it, it takes a while to get into, but it's great once you do.

2nd book - I got into it straight away.

3rd book - has a lot of characters in, so I found remembering all of the names a bit difficult, but I really enjoyed it.

tillyfernackerpants Wed 05-Jan-11 22:05:47

Cornflakegirl, it does unfortunately take a while for the book to get going but when it does, its great!

tillyfernackerpants Wed 05-Jan-11 22:07:37

Iliketomoveit, ikwym about the names, added to that was that all the names seemed similar!

TheGoddessBlossom Wed 05-Jan-11 22:10:11

Just finished number 1, took me' a year as couldn't get intoitbut worth it as second half is ace! Now started number 2....good already...

HumphreyCobbler Wed 05-Jan-11 22:11:04

I loved this book. I liked it the best too.

pink4ever Wed 05-Jan-11 22:17:47

Found the 3rd in the trilogy disapointing.Liked the 1st book,loved the second one. Would be much better if stieg had ditched the mikael blomkvist character(honestly he is vile yet is a serial shaggerhmm?

northender Wed 05-Jan-11 23:17:37

I liked the third one best too

BrickyDee Thu 06-Jan-11 21:26:05

Seriously get the first two! They are worth it and really great books. Honestly, I found the third book a bit confusing... even though I had already read the first 2! So good luck, but you should definitely read them

BodleianBabe Thu 06-Jan-11 21:35:10

Yes no point reading the third unless you've read the first two. The first book could stand alone and is a complete story within itself but the third follows on directly from the second.

I had to really concentrate on the third because there's so much going on but it would be impossible if i hadn't read the others.

iwanttolearn Sun 09-Jan-11 19:42:43

Very good book!

Amandamumtothree Sun 09-Jan-11 20:39:33

DH read all three and says do not proceed. Loved them all but thinks they need to be read in order.

I'm a philistine and watched the film of the first.

brokeoven Sun 09-Jan-11 20:47:21

read the first after a pal raved about it, i wasnt overly impressed, persevered though.

begining to think that i am too fussy and too hard to please.

I am at present totaly imersed in twilight saga, not my cup of tea at all or so i thought, but they are so good.

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Sun 09-Jan-11 20:53:06

Ignore how badly written it is... very obviously been translated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: