Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for 70 yr old aunt?

(9 Posts)
SaharaS Thu 09-Dec-10 13:41:10

Can anyone recommend a Christmas present for my husband's aunt? She enjoyed Three Cups of Tea so anything similar would probably go down well.

Thank you!

wayoftheworld Thu 09-Dec-10 13:52:16

My DH granny loved the table cloth from Lakeland that we got for her last Christmas. It was a Christmassy one and she loves deorating her house on the festive season. Hampers always go down a treat as well..

SaharaS Thu 09-Dec-10 14:07:03

Thank you, but I meant a book recommendation! Sorry for confusion!

wayoftheworld Thu 09-Dec-10 14:38:31

No...it was me! Did not pay attention to the category. But in case you change your mind...wink

ItsKurriiiistmas Thu 09-Dec-10 14:49:32

Does she prefer fiction or non fiction, and do you think she'd like something to do with hat area of the world?
Was going to suggest Khaled Hosseini, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns',

or 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' by Mohsin Hamed,

A non fiction my mum has recently enjoyed is 'Bluestockings' by Jane Robinson - which is the story of women's fight for education, - very interesting.

For fiction 'Remarkable Creatures' by Tracy Chevalier is a good story.

ItsKurriiiistmas Thu 09-Dec-10 14:49:53

that not hat !

Lizzabadger Sun 12-Dec-10 11:16:47

I am thinking of getting the new biography of Sarah Bernhardt for my 69-year-old mother. It's supposed to be excellent.

3rdnparty Mon 13-Dec-10 18:16:35

try these - lovely gifts, all sorts of books

www.persephonebooks.co.uk/

they are really helpful and knowledgeable so phone and they are usually really good at recommendations.. I'm not connected to them have always had good feedback when given them!

SaharaS Tue 14-Dec-10 22:15:24

Thank you, thank you! I've just been checking out the persephone website - looks gorgeous! and thanks for the other suggestions too...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: