Talk

Advanced search

Winter's tales

(6 Posts)
SpawnChorus Fri 26-Nov-10 20:47:48

I'm imagining a cosy Christmas around the fire reading stories with the family. What stories can you think of that are suitable for young and old (not too babyish, but accessible enough for little ones). I'm wanting stories about ancient forests, wolves, magic, good and evil, feasts...you know the sort of thing. Maybe something that includes easy props/puppetry to help keep kids enthralled.

SpawnChorus Fri 26-Nov-10 20:57:20

bump

Greenmantle Fri 26-Nov-10 22:03:56

The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken:
www.amazon.co.uk/Wolves-Willoughby-Chase-Joan-Aike n/dp/009945663X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290808968& sr=8-2

SpikyBinkle Fri 26-Nov-10 23:09:14

How little are the little ones? Are you looking for picture books or short stories or something to read a chapter a night? Sounds lovely by the way - can I come?

chixinthestix Fri 26-Nov-10 23:19:21

Tracks accross the Snow by Alison Uttley. Its been out of print for years (I got a second hand one from Amazon) but the stories are lovely, very wintry!

SpawnChorus Sat 27-Nov-10 16:20:05

Greenmantle - The Wolves of Willoughby Chase was exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread, but I was wondering if there might be shorter stories that could be read in one or sittings? The kids are four and five (plus a one year old...but I'm not really including him grin).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now