Talk

Advanced search

Wheel of Time series

(7 Posts)
Stardown Sat 13-Nov-10 02:03:58

Can someone tell me what these are about? I love a rollicking good fantasy but am not terribly into the dragons/fairies/nymphs type. I like the 'high fantasy' though, with castles and good characters and interesting plots. I don't terribly like government satires masquerading as fantasies!

I really loved A Song of Ice and Fire, but since good ole George has been stringing us along for like 6 years I don't think that series will be finished anytime soon... Are these anything like that? <hopeful emoticon>

I really need a new long series as I read far too quickly for my purse strings. blush

So would you recommend?

StrawberrySam Sat 13-Nov-10 07:44:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrawberrySam Sat 13-Nov-10 07:53:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GrumpyGit Sat 13-Nov-10 20:59:34

You'll love WoT apparently - dh likes the George Martin stuff (I've not read it) and we're both into WoT. He says WoT is less brutal - try the first book & see. Def got god characters and plots. Am now inspired to try A Game of Thrones as I've just finished the most recent WoT book. Thanks!

Stardown Sat 13-Nov-10 21:11:48

Oooh Grumpy, please read Game of Thrones.

I promise you over my death bed that you will love it. I will read WoT if you read GoT grin Deal?

GrumpyGit Sat 13-Nov-10 21:28:32

Ooops, just noticed the typo... good characters!

OK Stardown we have a deal I have that slightly sad and lost feeling I get after finishing a good book knowing that I won't be able to read the sequel for another year so maybe GoT will plug the gap
Come back and let me know how you get on??

Stardown Sun 14-Nov-10 02:58:50

Yes Grumpy will do - and will send you a PM as well!

You'll be annoyed though when you get to the end of A Song of Ice and Fire and there are no sequels to be had for another several years most likely grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now