Talk

Advanced search

Struggling on 23 SPs

(6 Posts)
Wimbles101 Tue 11-Jun-19 21:50:03

Need some ideas please - am on day 4 of restarting, and today went 7 points over my daily of 23 - getting thoroughly fed up of eggs and bananas!

Thoughts and ideas welcomed!

I'm trying not to use my extra points, and stick to my dailies, but it's seriously hard!

TIA

Bluesheep8 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:40:52

Try to think of it as using free foods as the basis of all your meals and using SP to add to that. If you get hold of one if the cook books, or even an old pro points cook book and re calculate the points, it will give you loads if ideas. For example, (And I don't know if you're a neat eater or not) you could make a mixed bean chilli or a chilli using turkey mince, both of which would be free. You can then decide whether to use SP on brown rice to go with it, depending in how hungry you are and whether you want to 'spend' the points....

Bluesheep8 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:42:59

I will.post more when I have more time, but I am under my 23 most days (I like to add to my weeklies for wine at the weekend blush) but that is my treat, so will be back with advice and suggestions

Bluesheep8 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:50:04

MEAT eater not neat eater!!

Bluesheep8 Sun 16-Jun-19 08:21:33

You could use eggs and bananas to make banana pancakes. Substitute beef mince for turkey mince as that is 0 points. Make 'chips' out of butternut squash, soups with beans or chickpeas added are really filling plus adding a small amount of chorizo to soups like this gives huge flavour for very few points. Convenience food wise, fish fingers are quite low in points or it's very easy to make your own. I like WW because I like cooking and I love trying the recipes and learning how to substitute things and tweak my own recipes. This evening I'm making Bobotie, a mince dish from the Flavours cook book and making a bean chilli to have in the week. I'll have banana pancakes for brunch and tuna salad for lunch. With 2 points for milk for coffees and 2 points for salad dressing that will put me at just 12 points, so plenty left over for any snacks this evening or wine. By the way, hoola hoops puft are lovely and just 2 SP. More often than not, I carry over 4 SP every day and add it to my weeklies. I'll post anything else that comes to mind

Vesperia Fri 12-Jul-19 11:05:24

as BlueSheep said it's relatively easy to stay under the 23 points if you cook the receipes.

I tend to batch cook at weekend's or if the weather is lovely we BBQ - usually I skip the bread & go for Heck chicken sausages which are only 1 point for 2 sausages, make up a nice salad, chicken skewers (0 point) & my favourite is a nice big piece of salmon or any fish wrapped up in some swiss chard leaves then wrapped in foil & chucked on the BBQ (0 points)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »