Talk

Advanced search

Help! So much weight to lose.

(8 Posts)
2019hereicome Sat 20-Apr-19 18:28:44

Hi Everyone,
I have a lot of weight to loose. I’m talking morbidly morbidly obese. I’m not comfortable saying the weight.

I’m depressed, lonely and my self esteem is rock bottom and I just need to do something.

I try to be good in my own but continually fall off.

I thought the structure of weight watchers might help but I’m terrified. Could someone tell me what it’s like? What are the meetings like? Anything I need to know or prepare myself for?

I’m so desperate to change but just so afraid. Any advice much appreciated.

iamyourequal Sat 20-Apr-19 20:12:11

Hi 2019hereicome
I started WW 3 weeks ago and I can recommend it. You get lots of helpful advice and it’s easy to follow. You get x number points a day to spend on food, plus ‘weeklies’ for treats/nights out or whatever. There are lots of point free foods. These include most fruit and veg, eggs, lentils, chicken and turkey breast and fish. You can eat out with it and build in treats.
The class is as good as the leader. One thing you don’t need to worry about is feeling self conscious. Nobody will know your weight and you don’t need to participate in the chat unless you want to. It’s pretty much a weigh in followed by a 20-30minute talk from the leader, to motivate you for the coming week. I can recommend it. It’s motivating knowing you are getting weighed by someone else weekly. Good luck!

2019hereicome Sat 20-Apr-19 21:32:27

Thanks for sharing your experience iamyourequal smile. That actually sounds ok. I was scared there would be lots of talking and participating and that really scared me.

iamyourequal Sun 21-Apr-19 17:24:45

They have actually reduced the amount of participation. When I was a member years ago they used to encourage everyone to say what they had lost or gained that week and talk about it. They have dropped that. At my class they also play quite loud music during the weigh in so nobody can hear how you are getting in at the scales!

2019hereicome Wed 24-Apr-19 12:21:34

Oh that makes me feel a bit better! I think I’ve decided I’m going to take the plunge and see how it goes!

MrsDrudge Fri 03-May-19 17:46:25

I have just started after months of dithering. 4lb off in first week. If you feel a bit too apprehensive to go to a meeting, there are online options which offer chat/advice with a WW coach, and also an online meeting which is good. You have taken the hardest step, especially difficult if you are feeling low. Congratulations on that and good luck with getting healthier x

Vesperia Fri 12-Jul-19 11:10:37

Hi - I started approx 18 months ago and am now 76ib's lighter - have had a few up's & downs with Holiday's or Christmas etc but on the whole it has been steady.

I still have a fair way to go but lost 6ib's @ yesterday's weigh in - it's worth staying for the meetings, good support & motivation

Vesperia Fri 12-Jul-19 11:19:36

I was terrified on my first week & so self conscious but they were so nice & i've made some good friends.

Also depending on where you live you may be able to self refer & have 3 months Free of Charge as part of the NHS health programme - www.weightwatchers.com/uk/what-we-offer/health-solutions or, if you live in Hampshire, use the link below - www.weightwatchers.com/uk/hampshire

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »