Talk

Advanced search

V low point easy lunch ideas

(7 Posts)
LetItGoToRuin Fri 01-Mar-19 12:44:01

I have 23 points to use, and I like to keep my points low for breakfast and lunch so I have plenty for the evening.

For breakfast I almost always have fruit and FF natural yoghurt (0 points).

For midweek lunch at work I have got into a bit of a 'rut' at lunchtime, and I almost always have the same homemade lentil soup! It's 1 point (for the veg bouillon) and is really filling because of the lentils.

I've tried making other soups, more veg based, but they're a bit less delicious and a bit less filling!

Sometimes I make a salad with tuna and/or egg, but they're much more of a faff to shop for (leaves don't keep many days etc) and to make every day, and take ages to eat.

Does anyone have any v low point lunch suggestions, ideally soup recipes, but I'm open to other ideas. I eat fish but not meat.

Thanks smile

tipsytrainee46 Mon 04-Mar-19 11:17:05

I know the whole point of your post was ideal other than soup - but the ww curried butternut squash soup is delicious and 0 points.

could you take eggs to work and do scrambled egg on toast? 3 points for a bit of toast and then scramble the eggs in the mircowave. I do this sometimes and add some tomatos too!

LetItGoToRuin Mon 04-Mar-19 11:55:59

Thanks - I'll have a go at that soup. I'm happy to have more soup suggestions as they're really convenient for work, and often v low points.

I do love eggs but I am already eating a LOT of them on this diet. I tend to have breakfast at 8, a hard-boiled egg with a piece of fruit as a mid-morning snack, lunch at 12, and then at about 3.15pm I often have banana pancake (made with two eggs) which gets me through until dinner time which is normally some time between 7 and 9pm. That's three per day already!

Chilledout11 Sun 17-Mar-19 18:57:32

You could make chicken skewers (bot of cajun spice) pre soak skewers for 30 mins. Oven bake. You could do enough for two days. Eat with salad

CabbageHippy Thu 21-Mar-19 13:59:15

I'm a lover of a Subway Salad with no dressing - tuna is 5 points if i'm splashing out but if not most of the others are 1 point!

Kelly19587 Tue 03-Sep-19 18:28:55

I usually have chicken and veg for work at lunch .... pre make diced chicken in a maggi bag for flavour usually 3 points and have mixed steam veg ... warm in microwave for five mins and away u go lovely and filling plus only 3 points and I usually have enough to do two lunches so that's only 1.5 points per day ... I know u dont eat meat but maybe use tuna steak /salmon in replacement

Campervan69 Fri 06-Sep-19 23:15:09

I have a homemade soup for lunch as well. It's leek carrot and red lentil. Utterly delicious and filling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »