Page 2 | Weight Watching in 2019? Come and join the chat thread! 🥗

(510 Posts)
WeightWatching2019 Wed 02-Jan-19 14:34:48

I've recently joined Weight Watchers as I have three stones to lose. Last year's chat thread has gone a bit quiet so I thought I'd start a fresh one for 2019!

Anyone else out there making a fresh start? smile

OP’s posts: |
WWGoalGetter Thu 03-Jan-19 15:06:53

I couldn't see any difference - same price, plan etc. so I chose to pay monthly for 3 months. They both go onto a rolling contract after the three months (+free month, if you have it) unless you cancel.

doodlejump1980 Thu 03-Jan-19 15:11:42

Hi, I’m fighting with myself as to whether or not to go back to my meeting tonight. When I started ww I was 16st, now 13st so still 3st to go, but have put on lots over Christmas. I know I need to be accountable and just get back into it, but I just don’t want to see that number and the + on my card tonight. But if I don’t go, I’ll keep making excuses and put it off another week. Dammit! Can someone give me the kick up the bum I need?!

lardass88 Thu 03-Jan-19 15:35:28

I think I'm being really thick here blushbut I got as far as the checkout and it only said three months and not 4 months free?

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 15:44:22

@lardass88 yes it shows as 3 months at checkout and then you get the free month if you don't quit after 2 weeks 😁 it sends you an email a few hours after signup and payment.

lardass88 Thu 03-Jan-19 15:45:13

Ah I see 🤦🏼‍♀️

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 15:45:17

@doodlejump1980 My group leader said that it's not compulsory to weigh in if you've had a tough time but encouraged us to always come to the meeting at least.

Advertisement

WWGoalGetter Thu 03-Jan-19 15:48:08

lardass88 I clicked the link my friend emailed me to get one months free - then it said which plan do you want to do so I said online 3 months half price pay monthly and I paid for my first month and then I got an email saying 2 weeks into your plan, you and your friend will get a free month added.
doodlejump1980 KICK! Only you can decide what to do, but if you don't go and weigh in tonight you're likely to see an even bigger gain next week. You're half way to goal - you can do this!!

lardass88 Thu 03-Jan-19 15:49:05

Thank you 😊
I've joined .... eeek

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 15:52:31

@lardass88 yay welcome aboard!

It's been only 1 day and I'm already very impressed with the app (I'm on android)

lardass88 Thu 03-Jan-19 15:54:23

Oh god. I've just had to weigh myself for the first time in a few months. Absolutely horrified 😩

doodlejump1980 Thu 03-Jan-19 16:01:40

@WWGoalGetter thanks! I’m going to do it!

abstardust Thu 03-Jan-19 16:03:40

I'm going to join you all, I signed up before Christmas but only really started to focus this week. The batteries in my scales have gone so I'm not sure of the damage but know I have about 5 stone to lose. I want this to be the year I actually do it.

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 16:42:18

Hi everybody! I'm so happy to find a chat room for WW folks and can't believe the actual WW website doesn't offer it! Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid not to offer it? I called the 800 # to ask a simple question and spoke with a "Eugene" who was probably answering the call from a cubicle in India! His accent drove me nuts and he answered my question with as much enthusiasm as a wet noodle! I think I preferred the warm & fuzzy folks from "Weight Watchers" and not the cold, aloof, disinterested, folks at WW. I'm on day #4 and doing really well. Hope to chat more with lardass (love it smile), cricket, goalgetter, szetox, hairydogs, twinky, etc. Are any of you "older" women? Just curious.

Talkstotrees Thu 03-Jan-19 16:51:52

Hi Sandals, I’m older than anyone aged up to 53 and younger than anyone over 54. Is that older? grin

I’m going tonight shock Have been paying for meetings and online since May but haven’t been to a meeting since July. A bit nervous as I think I’ve probably gained a stone. Ah well, time to draw a line and get back on that horse halo

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 17:02:14

Sorry I'm only 🤣 38 and definitely a mumsnet interloper ... I don't have kids!!

WW the company has no incentive to create social chat sites - otherwise people wouldn't continue to pay to go to meetings! Frankly they're not incentivised to help you keep the weight off long term either as then you would stop paying them 🤔

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:03:05

Hi, Ttt, (short for Talkstotrees!)! I'm glad you're older at 53 but, I'm much older than that ..thank you very much! smile You must live in the UK talking about losing "stones!" Is that right? I live in America but, one of my grandson's has been in a loving, long-distance, relationship with a girl from London. Good luck at your weigh-in and meeting tonight. I joined (in Florida) last Saturday while visiting my daughter. I'm back home in North Carolina so, I'll go to a meeting THIS Saturday in Winston-Salem. Sure hope I'll see 2 or 3 lbs gone!

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 17:04:20

@lardass88 it's just a number, change it into kg to make it smaller 😉 focus on the next step!

lardass88 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:08:39

@szetox 😘

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:09:17

Szetox...okay, you are SO young at 38!!! smile You're not an interloper here, you're a smart to find a chat room with folks like yourself wanting to lose weight to get healthy. I agree with you about WW and WHY they don't encourage chat rooms and discussions on-line but, it's sort of stupid not to encourage it. I "love" going to meetings and seeing/talking with others along WITH chatting on-line! Have you joined recently or doing it on your own with the help of everyone here at Mumsnet?

cricketmum84 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:09:26

@SANDALS1014 do you guys not have the connect section of the app? It's WW own social media only for WW members.

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 17:17:07

@SANDALS1014 no I joined officially yesterday but was googling earlier to find a referral code to get my free month.

We do have Connect on the UK app but I'll be honest I'd rather "connect" with people outside so I don't lose contact when I stop paying for WW. So I'm adding people on reddit and Instagram as well as here of course.

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:19:26

Yes, I DO have the connect section on my I-phone but, MY phone is used to make calls and receive calls. I worked as a Secretary for American Express for 20 years and love the keyboard with my desktop PC. Using the teeny tiny, pitiful, keyboard on my phone is like fumbling in the dark! I can type faster than a speeding bullet on PC keyboard instead of my phone! It's great for the younger set but, not for me, an old person! smile

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:22:18

Szetox, good idea to stay in touch with cyber friends here at Mumsnet. Every source of interaction with others on WW is a good thing!

szetox Thu 03-Jan-19 17:22:24

Speaking of not coping with phone apps ... Does anyone know how I can get my replies to say @ the name of the poster I'm replying to, without me typing it in?? I'm tapping the "reply" button but it does nothing.

SANDALS1014 Thu 03-Jan-19 17:33:18

Good question, Szetox! I do not know but, I'm probably the dumbest person on the planet regarding internet questions!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in