Talk

Advanced search

Low point packed lunch ideas

(12 Posts)
Achafi Wed 13-Jun-18 19:49:01

I recently started weight Watchers (mainly because I saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe how fat I am) I'm really struggling for ideas for a packed lunch for work. I used to have a couple of sandwiches but bread has so many points it's crazy. So far I have fruit but that isn't going to keep me going for a ten hour shift! Any ideas greatly appreciated.

motortroll Wed 13-Jun-18 21:11:35

I got some of the 3 point weight watchers wraps which I fill with chicken, egg or tuna and salad with reduced fat mayo. I also like tinned bean salad which takes 2 mins to cook in microwave, cool off in a colander under the cold tap mid with salad, tuna, chicken etc.

I also like to take leftovers or I cook a bit extra to take to work the next day.

I like to snack at work so I take Alpen light bars, metcalfes skinny popcorn multipack bags, cheese strings, fruit, olives, ww yoghurt etc.

It all works for me.....until someone brings in cake!

Achafi Thu 14-Jun-18 06:42:42

Work is the time I'm most likely to crack. The cakes are very much my undoing!

Peaspleaselouise Thu 14-Jun-18 22:40:58

I make zero point soups and take them in a soup flask. Other lunches are WW wraps with either egg mayo, roast veg, tofu, quorn filling....roast veg with tofu/red lentils/veg...salads (from WW recipes so low points)... frittatas - I make loads of these and have with salad. THeres an awesome butternut and spinach one online which is 2 points for the whole thing!

Dontfuckingsaycheese Wed 18-Jul-18 11:59:40

Try this cake - these are doubled up quantities - can be easily adjusted:

Cherry chickpea cake recipe

Cook time fan 180 :
0:35-40mins

Serves:

Ingredients

2can(s), drainedTesco Chickpeas in Water, Rinsed and drained
0 Points
2teaspoons, levelBaking powder
0 Points
3teaspoonsAsda Extra Special French Almond Extract
4 Points
250gCherries, fresh, Frozen, defrosted and drained weight
0 Points
10gTesco Stevia Sweet Granulated Sweetener, Aldi Stevia sweetener
1 Points
10gAsda Flaked Almonds
2 Points
6medium, rawEgg, whole, raw
0 Points
20gGround Almonds
4 Points

Instructions

I whizz it all in a choppy blender:

Blitz chickpeas

Whizz in eggs

Whizz in sweetener, baking powder, almond extract and ground almonds

Whizz in cherries (not too long so they're still chunky)

Pour into deep tin lined with greased paper. Sprinkle top with flaked almonds and bake for about 35-40 mins until brown on top and a skewer comes out clean. Cool for a bit then turn out and cool on a rack. Try not to eat it in one go!!

This makes 40 0 point pieces. (2-5 pieces for 1 point! :-) )

Dontfuckingsaycheese Wed 18-Jul-18 12:05:30

Most lunch time I have a WW wrap piled high with good stuff: gherkins, salad, orzo salad (Aldi/Lidl 50g for 2pts) Then so much protein: Sometimes I dry fry bacon medallions and chopped up chicken breast. Keeps for a few days in fridge.
Hard boiled eggs.
Chopped up Asda 50% less fat cheese (not Morrissons - not so nice)
2-3 Falafel
Tuna
Prawns

If you pile with lots of different flavours you don't use a lot of points but so scrummy.

Dontfuckingsaycheese Wed 18-Jul-18 12:06:36

Lovely :-)

Dontfuckingsaycheese Wed 18-Jul-18 12:08:12

That's my WW wrap used to make a tuna and prawn pizza. <3

chocatoo Wed 18-Jul-18 12:11:34

These are giving me inspiration!

Tanfastic Wed 18-Jul-18 18:28:39

I tend to have the warburtons sandwich thins with boiled egg, tuna or chicken or some kind of salad. I take extra boiled eggs or prawns to snack on or fruit and sometimes a packet of french fries as they are only 2ps

Achafi Mon 23-Jul-18 12:25:30

Thank you for the inspiration, just lost my first stone!

ohcwesterlund Sat 28-Jul-18 03:47:54

I make a salad every day! I add chicken and use low point ranch dressing. Bolthouse or OPA

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: