Talk

Advanced search

Anyone walk lots?

(4 Posts)
MaidenMotherCrone Wed 14-Feb-18 15:07:04

I've started a new job where I'm walking 10 miles a day at quite a pace. Will this speed my weight loss up. I've updated my account and it's given me more fit points but will I still lose weight at the same pace or doesn't it make any difference. I'm on the sofa exhausted.

ButterfliesandMoths Mon 19-Feb-18 00:07:13

I've started walking 10000 steps, which is about 4 1/2 miles for me, takes me about an hour & half and my weight loss has slowed. Stayed within my weeklies, ate healthily. All that walking. Lost half a pound. Just keep thinking to myself that I must be toning.

bigdicnibba Tue 13-Mar-18 14:56:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smellycoat Fri 16-Mar-18 20:00:27

I walk lots. I am a farmer and trying to lose a few pounds using weight watchers flex. Since using a fitbit to log steps, and then converting them to fit points which I eat most of, and sometimes all my weeklies too, I found my weight loss is very small, although I do not think I am gaining weight. I do 100000 to 125000 steps a week, so lots and lots of fit points. Without the fit points I get 23 dailies, but eat my fit points and I find myself logging 35 or over 40 per day! I have plenty walking and carrying feedstuffs at this time of year, and depend on me staying strong to do it all, and I only need lose a few pounds to have a BMI of 25, so I am not too worried about this state of affairs. From experience though, I know that should I stop taking those steps for any reason, my appetite will stay the same. Then I will really pile on the pounds! I hope that by logging what I eat with WW, I will notice the change over and curb my appetite in time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: