Talk

Advanced search

Calorie counting vs ww

(8 Posts)
Rubyritz Tue 06-Feb-18 17:19:36

I resigned up to WW few weeks ago.

I stuck to my points last week and put a pound on. I decided to calorie count alongside this to see.

Now today I’ve gone over 2 points I’ve not eaten dinner yet but calorie wise only consumed 590 so I still have around 600 left if I’m following 1200 a day.

Today all I’ve had is
B- fruit and fibre
L- ham roll with a yogurt and quavers

And that is it. My points are empty and so is my tummy

Now if I chose to not eat anything else today I would be massively under eating and my body would be in starvation mode.

Not sure if I can continue with it. I never saw good result last time. sad

FannyBurney Tue 06-Feb-18 18:53:19

There’s no such thing as ‘starvation mode’.

FannyBurney Tue 06-Feb-18 18:57:44

Sorry, posted too soon. I get your point about v low calories though, but why not eat some 0 point food? The whole ww system is designed to help you shift your diet away from poor nutritional choices by giving you plenty of free options that are filling and better for you than sandwiches and breakfast cereals.

LetItGoToRuin Wed 07-Feb-18 12:34:36

If you have 600 calories left, and no points, why not have 600 calories worth of zero point foods?

There are a great many zero point meal recipes available. For example, for dinner you could have Chicken or fish with vegetables, followed by banana pancakes made with two eggs, served with cinnamon, berries and plenty of fat-free Greek yoghurt.

Do you have weekly points left? If so, you can use a few of those for some potatoes or rice or something.

iamyourequal Fri 09-Feb-18 19:50:19

Hi Rubyritz. They have worked it all out on the assumption people with fill up on free food. I reckon WW are expecting us to eat 3 portions of fruit, 3 of veg, an egg and a chicken breast and some free yoghurt each day.
I'm not sure how what you've eaten comes to so many points though! ?

Rubyritz Mon 12-Feb-18 08:05:03

Hi the fruit and fibre was 8 for 60g.
The roll was 5
Ham 1
Yogurt 7
Quavers 3

So adds up quickly if grabbing things without scanning.

hungryhenryshouldeatelsewhere Mon 12-Feb-18 08:38:27

I quit WW to do calorie counting. It's the same principle and I don't have to pay someone £20 a month for the privilege! Get MyFitnessPal, it's free and there's no stupid rules on what you can eat. I found I ran out of points super speedy on WW but I've ended up with calories remaining at the end of the day on calorie counting. It's disheartening on WW how quickly you can run out of points seemingly eating nothing.

Bluntness100 Mon 12-Feb-18 08:44:26

I agree there is no such thing as starvation mode, it's a ridiculous concept. If there was anorexics and concentration camp victims would present very differently.

I suspect this diet isn't for you op. For me low carb works. If ww didn't work for you last time, I doubt it will work this time. I think it's a case of finding the right way of eating for you and this isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now