Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else breastfeeding on points?

(9 Posts)
TedSquawks Sun 15-Oct-17 16:09:48

Just that really. I'm starting out on WW as after dc1 I really piled on the pounds. Dc2 has arrived 6 weeks ago and I'd love to lose a bit or at the very least not get bigger!

Ww worked for me years ago pre children. I went to meetings then but going to try it online this time.

I'm not on Facebook so hoping maybe to get a bit of support on here or maybe on the app if I can figure out how to use it. Years ago (almost 10!) I would go on the WW chat forum but not sure if that still exists, will have to google.

Would love to chat to anyone either currently ebf and doing points or who has done it in the past.

Wilma55 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:45:57

If you click on "connect" on the app you can chat to other WW or ask them questions. Sorry can't help re broast feeding.

TedSquawks Sun 15-Oct-17 23:02:53

Thank-you, trying to get to grips with the connect part. So far have just read a lot of posts but it's been good for motivation.

Went over my points today. Breast feeding points too so they are not exactly low blush

I suppose that's what weeklies are for but I was hoping to make a better start. Seems it's after dinner and craving sugar that is my main problem. It would have been fine if I could have stuck to one fun size chocolate....

If anyone else reads this any tips to beat sugar cravings would be gratefully received!

Wilma55 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:35:29

You could try putting your questions on connect - might get more response than on here!

TedSquawks Mon 16-Oct-17 15:01:42

Will do, thanks!

Grenoble124 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:06:32

Hi. I am bf a 16mo. I went when ebf. Minimum is 52 a day for ebf. Are you getting that? And I had 35 weeklies. I joined at 6 weeks pp. Lost 26lbs in 5 months. Put a bit back on as I stopped going due to work issues.

Started back 12 weeks ago. On 37 points now so 7 extra for bf. 28 weeklies. Weight is dropping off have lost about 24lbs and had a week off plan. My lb still feeds a lot.

TedSquawks Mon 16-Oct-17 22:50:50

That's really inspiring grenoble! Amazing weight loss!

Yeah I'm getting 52 points as ebf. I know points have all changed since I did ww last, think back then I was on about 17 points. So getting 52 and going over feels quite shocking shockblush

Grenoble124 Tue 17-Oct-17 09:29:37

Ah it is compmetely different. You would have done points. Then they had pro points amd these are smart points. Sugar is higher so chocolate etc is high.

The hunger ebf is unreal. I used to keep points for chocolate in the evening. But WW definitely works well for me. I was nearly 14st going in to have baby. Stabilised at 11st 5lbs and am now 8st 12lbs. Over a stone lighter than when I got pregnant. The 52 is slower but now baby is getting solids too and I am on 37 it is really coming off. Never thought I would see 8st bracket again.

Grenoble124 Tue 17-Oct-17 09:33:22

There is a very helpful FB page WW Everyone Welcome. Not specifically for bf but great support. I have to say getting weighed in class is what works for me. Makes me accountable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now