Talk

Advanced search

What have they done with the points?!

(6 Posts)
Flarrot Sat 14-Oct-17 11:20:22

I’ve rejoined after a few years and of course it’s now ‘smart points’ - it’s clear that they’ve decided anything containing sugar needs to be really high in points regardless of the calorie content which is really annoying me. I KNOW sugar is not good for me and on the whole I don’t eat much of it, but to make a 130 cal toffee apple (about 50 cals of which is apple) 9sp just seems ridiculous! So I could eat three which would be all my daily points yet be about 400 calories. Surely they’ve taken it too far? What I used to love about weightwatchers is that you COULD eat what you liked as long as you counted it, but realistically you can’t do that now. I mean if they want to stop you eating any sugar why not just make everything containing sugar a million points and have done with it. I think it’s really patronising!

sez49 Sat 14-Oct-17 13:01:51

I remember when it switched to SPs from PPs everything with sugar, which was all the nice treats doubled in points. The daily points allowance is a little higher than it was on the old PPs system. I think you can still have almost anything you like - use your weeklies. I use weeklies and some fitpoints too. Yes I am eating more healthily in general, but I still like my treats! I wasn’t keen on SPs to start with, after doing all the previous plans with points, but I really love it now - I have been on it since July last year.

SPs are calculated on calories, saturated fat, sugars and protein (although the protein helps to reduce the points a little). As the apple would be zero, would it work out less SP if you made it yourself?

If you really can’t face SPs there are still people who follow the old PPs plan. At the end of the day, you need to follow what suits you. Personally, I prefer to go with the latest plan, as things we should have/shouldn’t have changes over time, based on scientific research. I remember years ago, eggs were deemed to be high in cholestral and you were limIted to how many you were allowed in a week. Not the case now!

Wilma55 Sun 15-Oct-17 11:43:13

Or just count calories

sez49 Sun 15-Oct-17 13:11:33

Yes you can just count calories or do something completely different. WW works and I can see that this is the way forward, for me personally, to finally lose all my weight and maintain the loss. I need the support of the weekly meetings and weigh ins too. Everyone is different!

CoyoteCafe Mon 23-Oct-17 13:53:05

I really like the new program. I’m finding it much easier to stick with and I’m losing better than I did on the old program.

I use weekly points for treats, and daily points on heathy food.

Iamdobby63 Tue 14-Nov-17 15:35:51

CoyoteCafe Are you referring to SP or flex? The new one or the new, new one? Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now