Talk

Advanced search

Fed up

(6 Posts)
Iwanttobe8stoneagain Thu 12-Oct-17 10:00:56

Have been doing WW online now for 4 weeks. First week put on 3lbs. Lost it the following week. Since then nothing. I've stayed in daly points not used weekly ones. Drink 2litres of wAter a day. Been constipated for last 2weeks. Fed up as been so so good. Might as well have been down the pub eating a burger and chips drinking wine (maintained my weight then). Mum and grandma the same. Even when grandma dying of cancer and eating nothing she didn't lose a bloody thing, dr accused mum of secretly feeding he 😱. Is there something wrong with me??? So fed up (esp at skinny cow next to me saying she needs to eat :weetabix to get her to lunch) sorry just need to moan

Iamdobby63 Thu 12-Oct-17 17:55:19

Stick with it sometimes our bodies need a little longer to adjust and all of a sudden you will lose.

I am surprised that you gained in your first week though. Are you sure you are pointing correctly? You know that smoothies are pointed but fruit isn’t? Being constipated won’t help your weight loss, perhaps look at foods that will help that. Are you eating plenty of fruit and veg?

Just a thought, are you doing No Count?

sez49 Thu 12-Oct-17 22:29:41

I know how frustrating it can be when the scales don't reflect the effort put in!

Make sure you are weighing and measuring everything and tracking it all.

Are you eating loads of fruit?
Do you exercise much or have you recently started exercising?
Is there any reason why you aren't eating your weeklies?

I know everyone is different, but my WW coach always says to eat your weeklies. She has seen so many members do better once they eat all their points including those weeklies. If you are constipated, you might need to increase your water a bit more. Have you cut out fat from your diet since starting WW or do you use oil when cooking? I have seen comments elsewhere that some who do no count find they get constipated and need to up their water and use the no count healthy oil allowance. I know you are pointing, but may be worth making sure you have enough healthy oil in your diet, as well as increaing your water a bit more to try to help with the constipation. Stick with it, it does work. Sometimes, some people find it takes a little longer for their bodies to adjust to the dietary changes.

Also worth measuring yourself, if you haven't already. I have seen some people alter very little in weight, but body shape changes for the better and they lose inches, rather than seeing the results on the scales.

Iwanttobe8stoneagain Fri 13-Oct-17 06:03:29

Hi thanks both yes pointing everything, eating an apple and banana everyday. I swim and do Pilates (just started Pilates). I think it might be the lack of fat that's causing the constipation. I generally don't eat much fat anyway as it sets off my gallbladder. I don't eat my weeklies as last time I did weight watchers as soon as I went near them it stopped the loss. It seems clear my body doesn't need that much food (I think using some might have led to the weight gain in the first week as I seemed to be eating more than normal). Even pre diet I didn't eat any more than anyone else (and a lot less and more healthily than a lot of others)

Iamdobby63 Fri 13-Oct-17 10:42:52

How much weight do you need to lose to be in the healthy range?

I tend not to eat all my weeklies but sometimes if I stall I will eat a little more and the weight starts shifting again. Go figure lol

Do you like other fruit, citrus or melon? They tend to help more with loo issues. I think it will really help if the constipation is relieved. Have you literally not gone properly for 2 weeks? If so perhaps you should consider a mild natural based laxative and then try to regulate yourself through eating fruit, veg and plenty of water.

If you weren’t eating many calories before WW then you really won’t see huge losses, as you have effectively been dieting for longer already. Regardless, WW online is a great way of tracking calories and is quite motivating.

Stick with it and see what the next few weeks brings.

Iwanttobe8stoneagain Fri 13-Oct-17 17:50:05

Thanks I've got loads to lose about 4 stone so should be falling off eat loads of veg drink loads of water. Have added bit of fat in over last couple of days which seems to help will keep plodding on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now