Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone lost with ww after trying every other bloody diet on the face of the earth??

(58 Posts)
imjessie Mon 15-May-17 09:17:55

I'm so desperate to lose weight . I 'only' want to lose 2 stone , heck 1 would do but despite my best efforts it won't budge .. I joined ww last week and I'm feeling really hopeful . I'm actually a good member from 12 years ago after my dd but it's changed a lot since then . I love the app and am sticking to it .. please give me some hope . 🙏🏻🙏🏻

mummybear37 Mon 15-May-17 11:52:35

I've always lost with ww and it's always come off really quickly! I can just about manage to stick to it for 12-16 weeks without cheating. In the past I've lost between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 stone in that time. Never done smart points though, old points and pro points! Starting again today on pro points and hoping to have 3 stone off by the end of July! 😬

imjessie Mon 15-May-17 12:02:17

Ooh .. good luck ! I'm definitely making better choices and eating less food overall so fingers crossed .

ThespianTendencies Mon 15-May-17 13:24:30

HI imjessie I starte d it yesteday! I am finding it quite easy - a lot easier than some of the more new diets where you are meant to be calculating macros (no idea what they are) and eating full fat stuff. Those diets just do not work for me and I am heavier than ever! So I am going back to basics and doing the WW thing. I do find that there is not much food per day but am filing up on fruit and zero point stuff when I am peckish. I have faith it will work!

imjessie Mon 15-May-17 13:38:30

Sounds promising ... shall we keep this thread as support ? Maybe we can do it together?

ThespianTendencies Mon 15-May-17 14:21:16

Great idea! One thing I always struggle went on these plans is the breakfast options. What do you usually choose?

imjessie Mon 15-May-17 16:15:49

I had banana and weight watchers yogurt this morning . I did make overnight oats the other day which was 5 sp.. I'm not a big breakfast fan but weetabix with sweetner is an option too . Or toast , even white bread is only 2 sp so that's great .

sez49 Mon 15-May-17 19:17:18

Over the years I have tried pretty much everything out there. For me, I always come back to WW as it is the only one that I know works for me for any length of time and it is manageable with eating out and 'life'. I am determined to reach goal this time (I came very close to goal 26 years ago, but then blew it!). Currently I have lost 7.5st and still going...

imjessie Mon 15-May-17 21:27:54

Join us sez!

mrspitt Wed 17-May-17 14:28:20

Me! I also have 2 stone to lose. Have tried Slimming World a few times but always come back to WW though it was pro points I did before so SP is different but thank feck for the app been walking around the supermarket 'barcoding' everything! 😂

imjessie Wed 17-May-17 15:44:42

Welcome mrs Pitt!! .. my weigh in is tomorrow . Feeling hopeful !

RupertsMum2 Thu 18-May-17 15:49:24

I've not had a gastric band except virtual but I must have tried everything else over the years. I have had some success with weight watchers previously so I'm giving it another go. I started on 18th March and have lost exactly 1 stone (4 more to go)! It is slow but I'm old, menopausal and have fibromyalgia which makes exercise difficult so I'm pretty pleased so far.

RupertsMum2 Thu 18-May-17 15:50:46

imjessie I hope your weigh in went well.

imjessie Thu 18-May-17 18:59:45

I lost 3 pounds !! 😁😁😁

ThespianTendencies Thu 18-May-17 20:12:14

imjessie - wow! That is fantastic work! In how long? Did you stick strictly to it?

imjessie Thu 18-May-17 20:27:21

That was my first week , yes I stick to it 100% and logged it all on the app . I'm not massively overweight so it's a good loss for me . I did overeat the week before I joined though so I'm not sure if that's relevant .

imjessie Thu 18-May-17 20:28:55

I feel really good about it , I haven't been hungry and have made good choices which means I could eat a fair amount of food . And after being on slimming world on and off it's refreshing not to HAVE to have 1/3 veg or salad and I can just eat biscuits for lunch if I want!!!👌🏻👌🏻

ThespianTendencies Thu 18-May-17 20:57:53

Well done!! I am making good choices too, but I feel hungry between meals sometimes. I exercise a fair bit - 4 times a week and an hours brisk walk with the dog every day so maybe that is why. I have not weighed myself since Monday so I am keen to find out if it is working! I have used some weekly points in addition too my daily points but racked up a fair few fit points which I have not yet used. I'm also not vastly overweight either (probably not at all medically speaking) but I am overweight for me and want to get back to here I like being.

imjessie Thu 18-May-17 21:23:51

I do high impact gym classes 3/4 times a week but I was doing that before anyways . I'm definitely overweight but only want to lose about 20 pounds to get to my ideal weight .

Redglitter Thu 18-May-17 21:30:58

I love WW. I've lost over 6 stones since Aug on it. No other diet comes close to it as far as im concerned smile

imjessie Thu 18-May-17 21:38:33

Well done red glitter !! That's amazing!!

ThespianTendencies Thu 18-May-17 21:51:44

It is good - I think it is the simplicity of it all. Well done redglitter that is incredible!

twinmummy25 Fri 19-May-17 09:14:30

Well done redglitter! I've tried all the others but ww is the only one that I've lost the weight but also kept it off as well x

ThespianTendencies Fri 19-May-17 12:07:48

Only lost 1lb.....confused

vickibee Fri 19-May-17 12:11:27

i lost three stone in 2015 with ww and have put more than half back on
sad

I need to lose about two stone and I am going to do WW without officially joining - I have lost 4 lb in about 11 days so a good start. I am on a beach holiday end of July and would prefer not to look like a beached whale

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now