Talk

Advanced search

WW ease of use

(6 Posts)
DarkDarkNight Thu 20-Apr-17 18:17:23

I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers, either meetings and online or online only but going to one meeting just to get the books.

Can anybody help me before I join as I would like to know how easy the plan is to follow. Do you have to weigh and measure everything?

Also, I tend to have a lot of meals out during the day is it easy to find something to eat and point it correctly?

Thank you

Wilma55 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:10:53

Most things have a points value based on calories, protein and saturated fat. Basic items are listed in the booklet you get at the meeting (or using the app) but you need to weigh most things. Most fruit and veg is "free". The app or book you can buy has lists of food from lots of different restaurant chains /types e.g. Pizzaexpress, chipshop, Chinese. There is also a no point plan where you don't have to point things except for extra. You can only get the app if you sign up monthly I think. Hope that helps a bit - I rejoined on Tuesday so there are yet another lot of points!

DarkDarkNight Thu 20-Apr-17 21:33:18

It does, thank you. I think I am just going to jump in while I'm in the right frame of mind (and while the 50% off is on).

I have anxiety and tend to avoid things if I think they're going to be difficult but a friend of mine has had an amazing loss.

Wilma55 Fri 21-Apr-17 09:49:15

I joined for 3 months - meetings and online for £37 ish - hope that investment in myself motivates me! Finding first week hard as at my mum's. Brother taking us out for all day breakfast,partner arriving tonight via chippy and mum's birthday lunch tomorrow! But I thought if I left it another week there would be another reason/excuse to delay. Good luck.

RupertsMum2 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:13:01

I joined on the 18th of March (online) and have lost 7lbs. It doesn't sound like much but I've never been one of those people who lose "a stone the first week". I'm also oldish, menopausal and have Fibromyalgia which limits my exercise. It took me a wee while to get my head round the new point system and, I have to say, I preferred the old points but the scanner on the app is amazing and I'm not finding it difficult.

DarkDarkNight Fri 21-Apr-17 22:25:30

Yes I am hoping paying upfront will motivate me too Wilma55. I end up eating out a lot and at the last minute so I'm hoping I will be able to count things ok.

RupertsMum2 the app sounds really good, I'm keen to do online as well so I can access it. I've started to follow a few people on Instagram who photo their meals for ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now