Talk

Advanced search

Lunch ideas

(8 Posts)
IamRonnieBiggs Wed 12-Apr-17 21:35:32

Struggling for ideas - trying to reduce the bread especially during Easter (less choice when back to work)

Help! I don't want to waste points too much on lunch but still be filling and tasty

twinmummy25 Wed 12-Apr-17 23:20:20

If I'm home I like to have a 2 egg omelette with bacon and spring onion and a tin of plum tomatoes on the side or if out a bit of pasta 5/6sp and tuna with salad mixed in, then |I'll take one of the balsamic / salad dressing from meeting and pour on top when ready to eat x

dorothymichaels Thu 13-Apr-17 13:29:20

I usually have soup or salad. Mini crustless quiches are nice with lots of different fillings. Lean protein like prawns or chicken can bulk out salads nicely with maybe one slice of bread on the side.
Wholemeal pasta salads with tuna and cucumber and tomatoes.
Open sandwiches - eating with a knife and fork takes longer and cuts down on bread.
Or for ease something like a frozen veggie quarter pounder with a load of salad on the side.

ExcellentWorkThereMary Thu 13-Apr-17 20:07:37

I have pasta for lunch most days. I find that a little can go a long way, 50g dry weight, with lots of salad stuff and some extra light mayo, maybe some chicken or prawns thrown in too smile

INeverFinishAnythi Sat 15-Apr-17 09:17:53

For lunch, I pretty much always have:
100g of chicken breast, shredded or chopped up small - 1SP
Handful of rocket, chopped - 0SP
Few slices of cucumber - 0SP
15g of light mayo - 1SP
mix it all up together (add more 0SP salad if you want, that's all I like!)
Put what you can in an Old El Paso Stand & Stuff Tortilla - like a little boat shaped wrap! - 2SP, and eat the rest with a fork.
Decent sized lunch for only 4SP total smile

Want2bSupermum Mon 17-Apr-17 19:49:31

I made myself a huge scrambled egg and at the end I added salsa. Super easy, really tasty and filling. The scrambled egg was 4 eggs with 3 yolks removed for 3 points.

Not a fan of egg white but if you do it so one yolk with multiple egg whites you can't tell the difference.

Wilma55 Mon 24-Apr-17 06:31:43

Have you tried Two Chicks egg whites in a carton to save wasting all those yolks? (Or do you use them for something else?)

Want2bSupermum Mon 24-Apr-17 17:26:10

I use the yolks for the kids. They get two eggs and all my yolks split between the three of them. I also make hollendaise sauce for DH to go over his meat and veg as he doesn't like my new leaner versions. He ate a turkey patty last week and because it was covered in hollindaise he had no clue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now