Talk

Advanced search

April 2017 Online starters

(123 Posts)
Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 11:10:20

Who's up for joining me? I'm back to weightwatchers online because it works for me but having tried the 5:2 I loved having the support of the mumsnet thread. I guess you get that support if you go to meetings but I miss it being online only and wondered if any other likeminded new starters were keen to join me on this journey?

I've got a BMI of 25.4 so I'm not massively overweight but I could do with getting it down - it's either go out and buy a whole new wardrobe because I don't fit what's in there now or I just have to lose the weight to fit what I have!I think I have a stone to lose and any more would be a bonus.

I'm off now to go for a jog / walk to get myself some fitness points. Who's in?

Kaz18 Fri 07-Apr-17 11:44:50

My hubby and I have just joined online and will be starting on Sunday smile

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 11:54:45

Luck you to have someone to help spur you on! My hubby will tell me he's going to eat the same as me then an hour later he'll be making himself a second dinner which is always torture for me!

Kaz18 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:49:27

Oh that's not good!! He doesn't really spur me on though - he's easily led astray and if I was to mention having a takeaway or something he would jump at the chance! But we've got 6 months until our holiday so fingers crossed we can stick with it. We've tried slimming world a couple of times in the past year but never seem to lose more than maybe 7lb then start maintaining or gaining. No idea why! I lost 3.5 stone with weight watchers back in 2013/14 for our wedding so I know it works! I put about a stone back on during the year after then ended up pregnant with twins so now got about 2 stone to lose to be back where I was.

owlsandbadgers Fri 07-Apr-17 13:56:10

I joined online last week, weigh day is Tuesday for me. I only lost 1 lb first week as I'm on holiday so out a lot! But hoping for more next Tuesday!! I have 1 stone 2lb to lose!! My husband and children can eat ANYTHING and not put on weight so it's hard at home to be motivated 😀

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 13:59:09

I have three and a half months till our holiday and that's my goal point too. All my summer clothes are the size below and I seriously don't have the cash to buy new ones this year as the cost of the holiday is already breaking the bank!

Kids break up from school today and 2 weeks of visiting friends and being out and about may not help me with healthy food choices but I'm determined to make a stab at it! Luckily I am pretty active so I can always start cashing in some fitpoints if I were to eat up all my weekly allowance. And although hubby is rubbish at tempting me with bad food he is really good at kicking me out of the door and encouraging me on the fitness front.

Kaz18 Fri 07-Apr-17 14:06:53

Owls I used to be like that til I hit about 16 and I've struggled with my weight ever since. I think because I could eat anything and not put any weight on I developed bad eating habits and never learned what a healthy way to eat is.

I want to lose about 2.5 stone and see where I'm at then. Hubby wants to lose about 6 stone.

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 14:22:55

Hi Owls- i cross posted with you there! So delighted to have some people to share this with .

Isn't it amazing how you crave carbs and sugar when you first start? I had a very filling lunch- a lean grilled steak and plenty of salad but it's almost as if I'm not full the amount I am craving a big hunk of bread and butter or some biscuits now! Determined not to give in though. I lost a stone this time last year (sadly I put half back on half of it) so I know it can be done!!

owlsandbadgers Fri 07-Apr-17 18:10:06

I've already failed miserably today! It was going so well until dinner time! I'd made breakfast, lunch and dinner from the WW magazine and then the MIL brought round muffins and chocolate for DP and the children.... she is a feeder 😢😢! So cross with myself!!

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 07-Apr-17 18:20:59

Hi can I join you? I have 4 stone to lose.... joined WW today xx

owlsandbadgers Fri 07-Apr-17 18:27:15

Hi hotpinkangel!! Well done for joining! Have you done it before? X

Candlelightnewf Fri 07-Apr-17 18:42:38

Hello. I downloaded the app and joined online a couple of weeks ago but am yet to start. Maybe I can join you all to get me going?
My question is could I do this plan and use the gousto meals? Anyone have any experience of using them?

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:54:02

About 10 times!!!! But not smart points so this is new!!!! X

owlsandbadgers Fri 07-Apr-17 20:02:23

It's so different isn't it!! I did WW after my son and lost 2 1/2 stone... then did slimming world after my daughter and lost 2stone, now back to WW for the last bit that I can't shift! I have the willpower of a dead gnat and need to be motivated. A group would be ideal for me but there is no way I can do it as I work away a lot... I'm afraid you'll all have to put up with my ramblings instead 😀

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 21:21:00

Don't sweat it with the muffins, Owls. Log them anyway (so tempting not to, isn't it?) and take them from your weekly allowance. Then tomorrow make up for it by doing some extra exercise than you would do anyway so that you end up the week with an excess of fit points. Then if your weekly allowance ends up being low you can the swap the fit points excess. It took me a while to realise this was the best way of swapping fit points as previously I had it set up for swapping fitpoints before weekly but that meant I had nothing to fall back on, not even my weeklies as it takes several days to get over and above your fit points target- I hadn't realised that you can't swap any that are actually within the target to start with. So Monday to Wednesday I struggled so hard. Once I worked out how it's supposed to be (with a little help from a chat with a weightwatchers online rep) it's been a lot easier!!

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 21:22:10

Hi candlelight! So chuffed we have a group going already! Not sure what the Gousto meals are? Are they meals from the no count plan?

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 21:22:56

Hi Hotpinkangel! Great that we can all be in this together.

Candlelightnewf Fri 07-Apr-17 21:33:35

Hey Elsa! No, it's one of those fresh food delivery box things like Hello Fresh. You pick meals from their selection of menus and then they deliver the ingredients to your door. Nothing to do with WW although I believe they have just launched something similar.
We've got a voucher to try it from a neighbour who uses it all the time.

It's great there's a little group going. I need all the help I can get! Zero willpower here!

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 21:48:00

Sounds like a brilliant idea! I'm forever struggling for ideas for healthy vegetable-laden meals so any inspiration is always great. If you get them you must share the recipes with us!

Today my big win was that steak at lunchtime. Normally I'd be picking at the kids' tea at 5ish but I was fine today and it kept me going till dinner time when I made a kind of lentil, mushroom and chicken paprika stew with chorizo. Was surprisingly yum!! Although after having eaten it I've got that horrible carb/sugar craving which I'm having to ride out. DH had a different dinner as he'd been into the supermarket on the way home and picked up a few things he felt like do he wasn't subjected to the lentils. He wasn't helpful by having bought us some salted caramel Gu puddings and offering one to me but luckily that was before I ate the stew and had the sugar cravings and by the time I thought I might cave he'd already eaten my one as well!

Candlelightnewf Fri 07-Apr-17 23:03:36

Sure. I think you can look at the recipes on their website and then choose what you want as well.

Well done for resisting the puds! I have an unhelpful DH who won't eat 'healthy' food and also brings home chocolate!

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 23:21:40

I couldn't fight the carb cravings. Since I was a kid I've had a bowl of cereal before bed. If I don't I struggle to fall asleep.
Now I realise what a terrible habit it is as I had my usual big bowl of fruit and fibre with semi skimmed milk and it turns out it was a total of 20 points!! I poured out as much as I usually do but weighed it on the scales this time and measured how much milk went in. What a shock to have eaten it first then logged points after. No wonder I have struggled to lose weight without counting points! Ah well, I'd been doing so well today up till then that I am only finishing 7 points over and although those are coming from my weekly points I have already accrued a lot of fitness points over and above the goal so I'll have them to cash in this weekend if I need to.

Kaz18 Sat 08-Apr-17 11:07:56

It's amazing how much we overeat without noticing! This is exactly why I need weight watchers and the portion control aspect. We're having takeaway tonight before we jump on the wagon tomorrow!

owlsandbadgers Sat 08-Apr-17 12:51:39

Morning everyone!!! Hope you are all having a successful day so far!
I went to a spin class this morning (after giving in an having cheesecake last night with DH - he wanted today to be my starting point, so one last treat 😀) then came home and had a protein shake for 1 point and one piece of WW toast and a slice of WW cheese. 3 points in total.
Lunch is lightly dusted fish (4 points) and salad with fruit.
I'm taking DS to see beauty and the beast tonight and we are off to Nando's where I've already planned 2 bits of butterfly chicken for 9 points and the free salad!
Planning seems to be the only way I stick to it! It still leaves me with some points to have for milk in coffee and maybe a biscuit!

Elsasalterego Sat 08-Apr-17 18:46:22

Good job on the spin class!! Finding it easier to eat salads now that the sun is shining. Hope this stays!

owlsandbadgers Sat 08-Apr-17 21:19:22

It's so much easier when it's hotter for salad! I totally agree! I ended up only having one bit of chicken so I had more points for popcorn! Film was amazing and my first healthy Saturday in about a year so that's a positive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now