Talk

Advanced search

Changing to Pro Points

(9 Posts)
GelPensAreCool Thu 02-Feb-17 22:28:37

Hi, I want to change from Smart Points to Pro Points. What's the best "tools" to use to do the his? I need to work out my daily allowance and also work out how many PP in different foods. Also, do you get weeklies on PP? Any advice on apps etc would be great. Thanks.

IcaMorgan Sun 05-Feb-17 14:58:09

Pro points don't exist anymore. It's smart points or no count. You still get weeklies on no count for food not on the no count list

SorrelSoup Sun 05-Feb-17 15:09:25

Ultimate Food Value Diary is what I used. Recommended by lots on mn.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 15-Feb-17 19:56:37

I bought a PPs calculator on EBay and worked out my points using that. I've stuck to 29 dailies and never dropped though. As well as the dailies you get 49 weeklies on PPs.

crazywriter Thu 23-Mar-17 13:20:51

I'm using the Ultimate Food Diary. Cheap app with no recurring payments.

I liked Smartpoints (the idea) but I'm not losing weight. I lost all my weight on ProPoints so have gone back to it as I need to get this baby weight off.

I was just looking to see if there were people here doing it the old way.

Want2bSupermum Fri 24-Mar-17 18:38:23

I have been doing this for a week and the one thing I have noticed is that you have to ignore what they say about fruit being zero points and be very careful with your fruit intake. Not only is fruit high in sugar but, lb for lb, fruit is much higher in calories than vegetables. I didn't lose anything during the first 3 days. Day 4-7 the scale started moving when I cut back on fruit.

Elsasalterego Fri 07-Apr-17 11:58:29

Good tip Want2be. Will take note as the first few days I've been on this I've had a few too many bananas and nothing off the scales yet

crazywriter Sun 09-Apr-17 23:55:08

For fruit I've found 1 banana a day is more than enough. I don't even have 1 a day anymore. Someone once suggested 2 portions of fruit and the rest veggies to get the full recommendation for a day. That's worked for me to see good (for me) losses.

ThymeLord Tue 11-Apr-17 10:18:28

There's a brilliant propoints support group on facebook you could join. It's so helpful, supportive and fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now