Talk

Advanced search

Weight watchers breakfast ideas I can take to work

(13 Posts)
KateSpade Wed 11-Jan-17 17:21:36

Anyone have any breakfast ideas suitable for taking to work and eating at my desk?

I leave early for work, so eating before I go means I am ravenous by 10:30!

The granola I used to eat is 9points! shock

Burntbum Wed 11-Jan-17 22:16:21

Overnight Oats - really quick and easy to prep the night before
Egg muffin/frittata - just spray a muffin tin with Frylight. Mix up some eggs with a splash of milk and season (sometimes I mix in a couple of spoons of cottage cheese) Put whatever you fancy in the tin such as red peppers, spring onions, ham, peas then pour over egg mixture and back in the oven for 10-15 mins. These are nice hot or cold.

There are loads of recipes on eSource.

Whitney168 Fri 13-Jan-17 17:27:51

Ryvita Fruit Crunch (really nice, honest) - take a banana with you to mash on top. Might sound dull, but very nice, and only 4 points for two, zero for banana.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 17-Jan-17 18:30:39

Yoghurt & fruit
Cereal bar (the aldi light harvest moon choc & fudge one is the lowest I can find at 2sp)
Savoury muffin / frittata / omelette (all cold so perhaps not your cup of tea)
The leerdammer light cheese slices are 2sp each - those with apple or low crispbread / crackers
Overnight oats (usually work out about 4sp) - I'm not terribly clean as I prefer porridge / oats warm

stressbucket1 Wed 18-Jan-17 12:26:52

The aldi harvest morn breakfast biscuits are 5pts a pack and very filling. Milk and Cereal ones. Probably not the healthiest choice but very easy to take to work

KateSpade Wed 18-Jan-17 19:07:19

Thank you!

I'm
Really struggling with breakfast ideas, not keep on smart points either!

Burntbum Wed 18-Jan-17 19:45:06

What are you finding difficult about SmartPoints? Maybe we can help. Have you tried No Count instead?

Sussex1983 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:40:13

Could you tell me how to make the overnight oats ?
I also find breakfast a tricky one.

Thanks !

namechangedtoday15 Tue 07-Feb-17 09:12:31

Overnight oats - put about 30g of oats in a sealable jar / tupperware, cover with 100-150g yoghurt and lots of fruit. Leave in the fridge. There are various flavours you can have by switching the fruit / adding ingredients but thats the basic premise.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 07-Feb-17 09:13:48

weightwatchers recipe

Sussex1983 Tue 07-Feb-17 09:49:53

Much appreciated, thanks !

sashh Tue 07-Feb-17 10:08:42

Those porridge pots you just add water to, useful to have in your desk/bag.

Think continental, in Europe you would likely have boiled ham and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, no idea on the points but boiled ham is low fat and low calorie.

You can add a few tomatoes or some grapes.

toastedbeagle Tue 07-Feb-17 17:45:28

I bought a wide mouth flask from amazon with a foldable spoon and take porridge on that to work.

40g oats, 200ml half water / milk and then cinnamon , frozen blueberries and 1 tsp maple syrup. Seriously look forward to eating it everyday! Think 7 points but filling.

There's a bit of effort as have to make porridge in microwave bowl then scrape into flask but worth it to my mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now