Talk

Advanced search

WW for a Dieting Virgin

(4 Posts)
lostfairydust Mon 09-Jan-17 20:44:07

Saw GP today and been referred for WW. I am a complete newbie - never dieted and feel out of depth deciding what to do. Lots of friends have done SW so familiar with that but no idea what to expect with WW.
The website isn't very helpful - can anyone enlighten me please?

MollyHuaCha Mon 09-Jan-17 20:51:46

Wishing you lots of success. Don't know much about slimming groups, but I know they can bring great results. Please update with your progress! smile

lostfairydust Mon 09-Jan-17 21:14:17

Another question - are the meals suitable for families. I have preteen at home and conscious of not cooking two meals and it's being a good example

Burntbum Wed 11-Jan-17 13:03:26

WW is perfect for family life. There's nothing faddy about it, you don't have to eat a certain amount of x,y or z. You just eat the foods you like but will be more aware of portion control. You will find loads of lovely recipe ideas online and will be given an EAT book with your starter pack with lots of recipes. They also sell recipe books.

When you join your leader will explain everything but there are basically two ways to follow WW. One is similar to the SW approach. It's called No Count and you don't have to weigh or measure anything if it's on the list of No Count food - just eat until you are satisfied. If you want to feel a little more in control you can point things. You will be given a daily and weekly SmartPoint budget and you just need to stick to your budget. You can mix the approaches. So you could count points one day, do no count the next etc. It's very easy to follow. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now