Talk

Advanced search

told I am not eating enough...sigh. ..anyone believe this?

(12 Posts)
deffonamechange Thu 03-Nov-16 19:16:49

Week 1 of WW..tried really hard all week. I have lost 1lb. Ffs! Leader said i am not eating enough. I need to eat more to lose weight. I have heard this a million times but don't believe it...what about calories in various calories out? What about the laws of physics? How does anorexia work then?

Has anyone eaten more points and lost weight??
I am already fat and have lost 1lb. .if I eat more next week surely I will just put that 1lb back on??

calicocat88 Thu 03-Nov-16 21:08:24

If you don't eat enough, then your body won't burn the fat as it will think it is being starved, so you will end up losing muscle and your metabolic rate will drop. However, if you lose muscle, you will still lose 'weight'.

Have you been exercising as well? This (particularly lifting weights) will boost metabolism and help you lose fat.

Murphysgirl Thu 03-Nov-16 22:43:59

Your leader is wrong and I'm a bit shocked that she said that to you. Remember that in your first week the extra calories that you consumed the week before you started WW will be having an impact. You did actually lose 1lb so you shouldn't be disappointed. WW article on the starvation mode myth is here http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/indexart.aspx?tabnum=1&artt_id=35501

Welshmamma Sat 28-Jan-17 08:17:07

We're you eating all of your points?

Felicitylemon1958 Sat 28-Jan-17 08:20:48

Yeah she's talking bollocks. Starvation mode is rubbish. Use my fitness pal to count your calories, aim for 500 or more a day below your TDEE (you can find a calculator to work this out if you google) and you'll lose weight.

KinkyAfro Sat 28-Jan-17 10:20:03

Well I use all my points and weeklies EVERY week and lose. When I don't I don't lose

IcaMorgan Sun 05-Feb-17 15:00:08

I have to eat so much more than I used to to use my points up and have lost 18.5lbs so far

absolutelynotfabulous Sun 05-Feb-17 15:09:19

1lb a week is a decent loss, and I agree that your leader is wrong.

I'm interested to know where this idea that your body goes into "starvation mode" comes from. Where's the evidence?

Just undereat, using mfp or similar, and you will continue to lose weight. You will, really. smile.

Sinthus79 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:00:29

Starving yourself to loose weight is just unhealthy for your body and your mind. You body requires nutrients and energy to run and whilst I will say I never always use all my points or weeklies I do try and stay in a reasonable proximity. I've lost 17lb so far since Feb and that's with 3 weeks going off the rail because my partner was away with work and lost that extra support to stick to the plan. I never went stupid but those after eight mints were gorgeous lol. I know we are at the point where we really need to consider more exercise to keep up the weight loss but starving myself would defo not work as being hungry would encourage me to eat bad foods.

Littlepond Sun 09-Apr-17 19:08:14

I don't agree with the not eating enough theory at all! It makes no sense!

IamRonnieBiggs Sun 09-Apr-17 20:15:57

I struggle with this - if I eat all the daily/weekly points - that's basically my fat making diet

I did lose the first two weeks (just eating dailies) and was happy but since then nothing (2 more weeks)

I'm totally lost - I am exercising a fair bit now and walking as much as I can - I know I am smaller but am desperate to lose some bulk

I have an impending holiday and need to start losing. - help

I have 4 points today to use up - on what!!

twinmummy25 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:58:10

It's important to keep fuelling your body throughout the day because as soon as you're hungry the danger is you could over eat on the wrong things. Starvation mode is really the extreme and would be very unlikely to have affected you. What would be best is to keep filling up on the no point / low pointed options to bulk out meals. So it's not necessarily about eating more, it's eating more of the right things. Hope you're having a better week x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now