Talk

Advanced search

starting today, baby weight to lose. anyone want to join me. any tips for a newbie?

(30 Posts)
beckslovestimmy Sat 06-Aug-16 09:53:43

So, this is my first time doing weight watchers. I'm doing it online as I have a 6week old DS and a 3.5 year old DD and will struggle to go to meetings.

I have done slimming world before and lost weight but it doesn't seem to be working for me this time.

I am 15st 12.8lb. I have 2stone to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight but ideally I would like to lose 4 stone. This would put me in my healthy BMI range.

I am going to break it into mini targets. First one is to lose 1stone!!!

beckslovestimmy Sat 06-Aug-16 16:56:37

Today I've eaten,

Breakfast: apricot wheats + 100ml semi skimmed milk

Lunch: couscous salad with Feta, grapes, carrot sticks and an apple

Dinner: poached chicken, roasted new potatoes(200g), runner beans, carrots, sprouts and gravy.

Extra 100ml semi skimmed milk for coffee.

I've felt a bit hungry but I guess I need to coz I've been eating like a pig lately.

This uses up all my daily points.

Blondie1984 Sat 06-Aug-16 16:59:18

Try and get a good portion of protein at each meal - that should help with the hunger and make sure you drink plenty of water

Just take it a day at a time, a meal at a time

beckslovestimmy Sat 06-Aug-16 18:32:03

Thanks blondie. Will try and up the protein and water.

beckslovestimmy Sun 07-Aug-16 13:14:25

Today is,

Breakfast: apricot wheats, skimmed milk.

Lunch: instant noodles, Apple, carrot and a fat free yogurt.

Dinner: roasted pork shoulder, Apple gravy, quinoa + bulgar wheat and broccoli

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 07-Aug-16 16:09:49

Becks I will join you soon. Once I've had my six week check I'm going to join a local weight watchers class. I have 3 stone to lose. I'm joining the class on the 24th

HippyChickMama Sun 07-Aug-16 16:19:37

I'm doing ww but the old, old version as I did it years ago. I've been doing it about 6 weeks and lost 16lb so far. Only another 5st to go! The old points are different values but I can give you some tips regarding lower point 'proper' treats. All of the following are not too bad on points but you would have to work out the modern equivalent points.
Fry's Turkish Delight
Daim bar
Proper Corn popcorn (coconut and vanilla one especially nice)
Metcalfe's skinny popcorn
Cherry Bakewell tart (Asda's own is lowest in points)
Milky Way
Kit Kat
Meringue nests
Asda Good and Counted frozen yoghurt

None are particularly healthy but low enough to fit in to your points if you fancy a treat.

beckslovestimmy Sun 07-Aug-16 20:35:29

Thanks Hippy I'll definitely check out the points for those. I like something with a cuppa in the evening because I eat with DD at 5-5.30ish so get hungry later.

Hi beaut, nice to see you over here. I'm doing it online and signed up for the 3month pass. Thought I'd try before committing to longer. Day 2 has gone well. Ben and DD are keeping me busy so keeping my mind off food.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 07-Aug-16 20:44:43

I just messaged my consultant as I thought I had to wait until 6 weeks but she said I can start when I'm ready. The class is on a Wednesday and I have to take DH for the snip this week grin. I'll see if I can get to another class instead.

beckslovestimmy Sun 07-Aug-16 20:48:59

Definitely get the snip sorted first!!! Priorities!! grin

beckslovestimmy Mon 08-Aug-16 19:27:34

Day 3

Breakfast: porridge and skimmed milk

Lunch: couscous salad, cherry toms, cucumber, left over roast pork, strawberries, strawberry yoghurt.

Snack: banana

Dinner: veggie burger, broccoli, tahini lentils with red onion and red pepper.

Still have 4 points left smile

beckslovestimmy Tue 09-Aug-16 21:52:38

Day 4:
Breakfast: porridge and skimmed milk

Lunch: Heinz chicken soup with Korma spices

Dinner: Aldi chicken bacon and new potato steam ready meal with extra new potatoes, grapes, strawberry yoghurt.

Treat: Aldi dreamy bar.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Wed 10-Aug-16 13:29:08

I've decided to sign up online today as I need to get this weight shifted. So far today I've had:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Celery, red pepper, cucumber, houmous, fruity cous cous
Meringue nest,strawberries & grapes.

littlepooch Wed 10-Aug-16 13:33:48

I am so tempted to join you as I desperately need to shift this baby weight and need a good kick up the bum!

beckslovestimmy Wed 10-Aug-16 15:22:44

Well done Beaut, that's how I felt. I've always been overweight and up and down on the scales but this is the biggest (and flabbiest) I've ever been and I hate it!

Not sure what to do today as we've got family we don't see very often coming today and we're having fish and chips for dinner. I think I'm going to just not have any and cook something once they are gone. Also made lemon drizzle cake for DH to take to work tomorrow and I may have had a small slice to test it!!! I think if I go without the chips and have a small tea I'll still be within my points.

Hi pooch, how old is your little one? Me and Beaut were on the July ante natal thread together. My DS is 7weeks old tomorrow and I have a DD who's 3.5.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Wed 10-Aug-16 15:37:17

Hi pooch join us it's nice to have support.

Becks DH had his vasectomy today so I couldn't get to class & next week we are going for a well deserved break to the seaside so I can't get to class. I figured I can't wait two more weeks I'm just putting it off. So I joined up for 3 months. I've put that I'm not exclusively breast feeding as I give two bottles of formula a day. I would like to lose at least a stone by Christmas preferably more.

Which day is your weigh in day

littlepooch Wed 10-Aug-16 17:05:09

I'm so embarrassed to admit my DD is now 8 months old. That's bad isn't it. I did lose a lot by doing 5:2 after she was born and then sadly went through a difficult time so piled it back on. But I really don't want to be the size I am for her birthday party in November!

I am researching meetings now and trying to decide whether to do meetings or online.

7 week olds - how lovely (and how blooming exhausting!) You too are amazing for getting cracking already!! starstarstarstar for you!

beckslovestimmy Wed 10-Aug-16 19:24:13

Beaut I'm weighing on a Sunday, thought it might limit any weekend binges!

Pooch it's not bad at all. No point dieting until your in the right frame of mind and able to commit to it otherwise it won't work. I think there's a 'pass' where you can do online and meetings so double the support.

beckslovestimmy Thu 11-Aug-16 22:13:15

Well I wasn't good yesterday, family came and we got Chinese in the end. I didn't resist but I definitely had less than I would normally. Also had a piece of cake today but it was within my points. Not using the weekly points just the daily points.

Breakfast: porridge and milk

Lunch: chicken and pasta meal from tesco

Dinner: chicken, brown rice and griddles courgette

Snack: piece of cake.

Need to do the weekly shop as I'm running out of things to eat but can't do it until sat. I've got no fruit in and not much else confused

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 11-Aug-16 22:22:13

I didn't have time for breakfast so today I've had:

Lunch: cous cous, salad and salmon

Tea: peanut butter on gluten free bread. Alpro soya dessert

Snacks: Caxton pink & white.
Banana

beckslovestimmy Sun 14-Aug-16 14:52:45

Weighed today 2.8lb off. Happy with that as i've had meals out for the last 3 days! Back on it today!!

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 15-Aug-16 04:09:40

Becks big well done on the weight loss. It's so nice to see the scale go down isn't it.

We are going to the seaside this morning. I'm so excited but a bit nervous about being around all the sweet foods and fish & chips. Really going to try my hardest to make healthy choices.

beckslovestimmy Mon 15-Aug-16 14:02:53

Thanks beaut. I went for coffee today with a friend but was good I resisted all the lovely looking cakes and treats!! Looking forward to dinner of Mexican spiced turkey stir fried with peppers and onion served with Brazilian samba rice. Stay strong but enjoy the seaside. I expect there are some low point ice lollys?

beckslovestimmy Mon 15-Aug-16 22:40:00

Good day today

Breakfast: porridge and milk

Lunch: couscous salad with feta, grapes and strawberries

Dinner: turkey and rice stir fry

Snack: yoghurt.

Just under daily points today.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Wed 17-Aug-16 02:11:03

Weighed yesterday and 4lb off. I'm worried it may not be so good next week as struggling at the seaside. Although not had anything too naughty. I stole about 10 of ds3s chips yesterday and when they all had an ice cream I had a lemon sorbet. DH is eating donuts every day and I have resisted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now