Only joined on Thursday.....

(9 Posts)
SaveSomeSpendSome Sat 25-Jun-16 18:22:37

Can someone help here please.

I joined WW on Thursday evening and it was a group with a temporary leader who in my mind was abit rubbish!

Im doing the SmartPoints system and it seems that as i like alot of brews during the day plus cereal in the morning its using up too many points.

8 points are being used on milk alone!

I have 37 for the day. Im finding that im starving despite eating lots of fruit and salad.

Im using my full daily allowance by 3pm in the afternoon.

After 6pm yesterday was terrible! I very nearly caved in and scoffed everything in my house! But i didnt! But by god i was really struggling to focus on anything due to the hunger!

I know there is a filling and healthy part and a no count part.

The reason why i chose the point system is because when i did slimming world the food was very repetitve and after 4 months i gave up.

The point system seemed better for me when reading about it as i like variety and im a lazy cook! Plus i wanted to learn about portion control and what a normal serving actually is.

Im wondering whats going to happen when my points reduce as i lose weight when im starving as it is!

dottyaboutstripes Sun 26-Jun-16 17:39:48

What are you actually eating? Cereal is probably my favourite food but I very rarely eat it as its so high in points. It's all about making good choices so you need to find foods you enjoy which aren't too high in points.

Borogoves Sun 26-Jun-16 19:57:38

The no count food list is very extensive,I don't think you'd find it repetitive and you can mix no count days with pointing days for extra variety. Are you drinking skimmed milk, that would save you some points? Maybe replace your cereal with porridge made half with water to save on points.

SaveSomeSpendSome Sun 26-Jun-16 20:00:29

I only drink it in brews not by the glass.

I will look at this no count part. How do i get the list?

Also do you use all your points for the day and use your weekly allowance? Or is it better to use come of your weekly allowance but not all?

emsyj Sun 26-Jun-16 20:05:40

I did WW and lost a lot of weight and I never counted milk in tea. <cheat> I always had skimmed tho. I always ate every one of the weekly points too. Never understoood why anyone wouldn't!! If you like porridge, try it with half water half milk.

Borogoves Mon 27-Jun-16 07:51:08

The no count list is towards the back of your Eat book. You need to use all your daily points each day and can't carry them forward. It is entirely up to you how you use your weekly points. I rarely used them unless I was out for a meal or something that week but some people use them every week. Just remember that if you are swapping between pointing and no count days within a week you need to keep track of your weeklies.

Flowerpower41 Fri 29-Jul-16 07:12:04

I am finding the No Count plan quite good actually. I have only been doing since Tuesday as I went Mon eve to the meeting. I think I have lost a good two pounds in weight already according to my scales!

I love the oats soaked in milk overnight as breakfast with some fruit chopped on the top.

LittleBee23 Tue 09-Aug-16 15:50:03

I lost 5 stone on ww after dd1 and never pointed milk in tea or cereal 🙈

Minkybinkyboo Fri 12-Aug-16 17:46:18

I use unsweetened almond milk for breakfast which is slightly lower in points.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now