Smart Points

(10 Posts)
Nothighgaphere Thu 10-Dec-15 14:26:05

Hi, I couldn't stay to the meeting today so just wondered if anyone could tell me what they've gleaned about the new programme? So far I've seen that butter has doubled in points shock. Is there anything else major I need to know. I'm logging into the app and all seems to be working lately.

Mincepies76 Mon 04-Jan-16 15:01:41

I've just joined online and will not be doing this! A meal I regularly eat was 12 pp, it's gone up to 17! It's ridiculous!

Dancingwiththediamonddogs Tue 05-Jan-16 14:36:29

I think it must depend what you eat.

You get more points per day, and apparently things like sugar and saturated fats are coming out higher (which I can sort of understand). Lean meat is meant to be much lower in points although I have on'y just managed to get my kitchen scales swapped over to smart points so I have yet to see.

What was the meal mincepies?

I am near to goal and I was struggling to eat enough and lose weight on PP tbh, I used to go way over budget on points for things like lean meat/fresh salmon and still lose weight, am wondering if SP will make it easier to really lose those last pounds.

Mincepies76 Tue 05-Jan-16 18:33:58

It was a casserole type ready meal, was 12 points and great with veg. Also liked a Twirl as a treat which was 5 points is now 9 I think.
I've decided to stick to the meals I ate on Pro points and just eat sensibly and no crap!
Good luck getting those last lbs off.

Jeanniejampots80 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:11:30

I have just restarted ww after a dally with slimming world. I am happy enough with the change as it makes me concentrate more and plan in advance. I found a fab website called Emilybites.com which had delicious food with sp done. I tried the spaghetti and meatball soup tonight. Huge portion and delicious

Dancingwiththediamonddogs Wed 06-Jan-16 10:02:50

Thank you Mincepies, I seem to keep losing the same few pounds over and over atm.

9 for a twirl!! I suppose you do get more points per day, but 9 is almost a meals worth (which I know is what they are probably trying to emphasis, but even so).

I have always found ready meals tricky tbh as I like to do my evening meal in 10 so that I can snack through they day to keep my energy levels up for things like school runs and toddler chasing.

embed1 Thu 07-Jan-16 15:43:55

Can anyone tell me if the new smartpoints is more like the old points system where I used to eat 18 or 19 points per day and I lost a lot of weight but when pro points started and points were based on carbs etc it slowed, I tried it again last year with little success. I wondering if this new system a worth a shot?

Gemma77 Thu 07-Jan-16 20:18:41

I lost a lot of weight on the original points system (6 stone). I went back to lose a couple of stone after my son was born and it was pro-points. I tried on and off for about a year but weight loss was very slow and I struggles with my daily points so was using some weeklies every day (when I would rather save them for one nice meal and wine!)

Just started again with smart points and this week has been good. Not hungry and still have daily points left each day so not touching my weeklies yet.

Sugar is a trigger food for me for binging and so smart points is tearing me away from sweet such and my cravings had reduced lots.

Early days but so far looking good!

LittleSF Fri 08-Jan-16 11:30:01

This is my first week on the new system and apart from buying the wrong porridge sachets and finding out it was 12 points per portion (it had lemon curd flavouring in it and didn't even taste that nice) I've gotten on okay.

I was in really crabby form last night (comment was passed) which could either be down to the lack of sugar or Tesco's website being a pain in the proverbial!

Am peckish now, off to get some fruit. Am still very upset about the increased points in Curly Wurlys but I understand where the plan is coming from - I was having one almost every day for 3 points. At 5 points, it'll be a once a week treat (as it probably should be).

Tonight is Mexican night - was happy to find out that taco shells are only 2 points each so will go for them rather than wraps and save a few points. The beef chilli was made and frozen before I started the plan so will guesstimate as best I can.

If anyone has been to M&S recently and can recommend anything for lunch it would be much appreciated.

Marmitelover55 Sat 09-Jan-16 15:08:08

I have also just rejoined WW after losing 2 1/2 stone in the original points. I didn't get on with pro pints either and feel this seems more like the old, and for me, better system. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now